• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

OH and I had a small request.. Is it possible to add the flashlight widget onto the notification power widgets?

+1 for this request =)

Right now I'm using Quick Settings for a screen flashlight.. I read a lot at night with the lights out (phone stays plugged in and rests on my chin while I read). Having a flashlight built in would so totally rock!

Maybe one day I'll invest in a Kindle lol.

Upvote 0
Or you could download the kindle app to your phone. I use it on mine constantly.

Text is too small for me, and the Kindle provides a much larger reading area. That and it's an excuse to get another gadget to play with! :D

Sucks getting old because your eyesight goes right down the crapper. :(

Upvote 0
How did you change the ring style lock screen animation?

One thing that bothers me about it is when you drag any of the 3 spheres to unlock, the other 2 spheres disappear until you let go, then all 3 spheres reappear on the bottom while it fades back in. That seems like a mistake. It's probably hard to fix though.

Actually, that's exactly how it's coded. ;)

Reactions: 83thomas
Upvote 0
Jerry, I can't get Google Music to connect to my cloud music. It did with in the last build (1004). I restored my phone to that this morning tried again, would stream. I uninstalled the app flashed the new build (1011) and it won't stream. I can't even get it to stream my offline (on uSD card) music.

I just tried it out, and it streamed both offline and local content almost instantly.

Upvote 0

I currently use an app for it but I wanted it on my notification dropdown bar as a widget.. much faster you know? :) Before I used the notification bar for my widgets for turning on/off wifi, screen orientation, etc, I used the power options widget that came stock (which had the flashlight option). Now that I'm using a custom ROM, I'm used to using the notification widgets. Much more efficient and more room and space for other widgets =D

Upvote 0
Our phone does not have a flash for the camera, so I'm pretty sure we didn't have a flashlight option on the default power widget. If there was one there, I never did find it. :(

Edit: There wasn't one. Looking in the OpV manual (pdf file) the only thing that came on the Power widget was Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Synchronization, and LCD Brightness.

Upvote 0
I am having some problems with wifi. I am able to work around it but it's just a bit annoying. I have to connect and disconnect multiple times to get it to work at home. I never used to have this problem until maybe the last 3 builds. When I try to connect it says authenticating and then disconnects and tries over and over again and fails. If I uncheck the box it will do the same process again and if I'm lucky it will say obtaining IP address and work finally. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Upvote 0
I am having some problems with wifi. I am able to work around it but it's just a bit annoying. I have to connect and disconnect multiple times to get it to work at home. I never used to have this problem until maybe the last 3 builds. When I try to connect it says authenticating and then disconnects and tries over and over again and fails. If I uncheck the box it will do the same process again and if I'm lucky it will say obtaining IP address and work finally. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sounds like you may have had a dirty flash at some point. You may need to do a full wipe/format to fix this issue.

Before you do, what type of router are you using, please don't say Belkin.

Upvote 0
I currently use an app for it but I wanted it on my notification dropdown bar as a widget.. much faster you know? :) Before I used the notification bar for my widgets for turning on/off wifi, screen orientation, etc, I used the power options widget that came stock (which had the flashlight option). Now that I'm using a custom ROM, I'm used to using the notification widgets. Much more efficient and more room and space for other widgets =D

That app has a power button widget which will launch it and you can set it to default launch with the screen lit.

Upvote 0
Actually, that's exactly how it's coded. ;)

I was hoping that was what you fixed, but the animation looks exactly the same from the last version of your ROM.

Do I need to do a clean install to update the animation?

EDIT: I just did a backup, and did a clean install to test if that would change the ring style lock screen animation. It didn't change it. Not sure exactly what you changed in the last build. haha

Upvote 0
Since moving to 10/10 from 8/31 (fresh install), my phone has been freezing a lot. To the point where I don't consider it usable. I tried BobZHome's and I had the same issues.

Occasional freezes when going to reboot. About a 50% chance of freezing when turning WIFI off. And other freezes at random times.

Also, WIFI doesn't usually enable when I use the notification widget. I hit the button and get nothing, not even a statusbar icon. Then I press and hold the button, and as soon as the settings page loads, the statusbar icon appears and I see it connecting to my AP and acquiring an IP address.

Upvote 0
Since moving to 10/10 from 8/31 (fresh install), my phone has been freezing a lot. To the point where I don't consider it usable. I tried BobZHome's and I had the same issues.

Occasional freezes when going to reboot. About a 50% chance of freezing when turning WIFI off. And other freezes at random times.

Also, WIFI doesn't usually enable when I use the notification widget. I hit the button and get nothing, not even a statusbar icon. Then I press and hold the button, and as soon as the settings page loads, the statusbar icon appears and I see it connecting to my AP and acquiring an IP address.
Did you check the md5 of your download? Sounds like either a bad download, a bad wipe/flash, or data restored that shouldn't have been.

I would first try a fresh wipe off cache/dalvik_cache and reinstall of the ROM.

If that doesn't fix it, you will have to do a full wipe/format and reflash the ROM and gapps.

Upvote 0
Quick question: what is the purpose of regulatory domain in the advanced settings of wifi? And how come it doesn't stay on 14, it always switches back to 11 after reboot.. >_<

And my other question from before: Does the wifi sleep policy affect tethering? If I have it on "wifi turn off while screen is off" does my wifi tethering turn off as well?

Upvote 0
Quick question: what is the purpose of regulatory domain in the advanced settings of wifi? And how come it doesn't stay on 14, it always switches back to 11 after reboot.. >_<

And my other question from before: Does the wifi sleep policy affect tethering? If I have it on "wifi turn off while screen is off" does my wifi tethering turn off as well?

I will look into the domain not retaining the setting for 14, hadn't noticed that before.

Wifi sleep policy shouldn't affect wifi tethering, they are two different beasts. ;)

Reactions: exProphecy
Upvote 0
Latest v6 supercharger + this build = the fastest, smoothest,most amazing beast rom, my phone ever had an affair with. :D
oh and also, for some reason the music app wasn't on my phone, so I just used the Google music app, bit now I can't see the albulm name, artist name, or song name on the lock screen.. is there anyway you could upload the napkins for the music app you use in your rom so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of reflashing the rom again and restoring my apps 1 by 1 and setting up V6 9.31? Again? :)

Oh and Ben, is your Grover theme compatible with this build?

Upvote 0
Latest v6 supercharger + this build = the fastest, smoothest,most amazing beast rom, my phone ever had an affair with. :D
oh and also, for some reason the music app wasn't on my phone, so I just used the Google music app, bit now I can't see the albulm name, artist name, or song name on the lock screen.. is there anyway you could upload the napkins for the music app you use in your rom so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of reflashing the rom again and restoring my apps 1 by 1 and setting up V6 9.31? Again? :)

I'm looking through the supercharger thread and I'm wondering which update you used? I've used update 8 but I've seen the latest update is V6 SuperCharger Update 9 Beta 6.3 Is that what you used? Also is there a link to it because in that thread I only see a link to update 8 and 7 :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones