1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

1. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

Are you streaming over 3G or wifi? If it's wifi, then go into settings>>wireless&networks>>wifi_settings then press your menu key and select advance. Check the wifi sleep policy, it's probably set to When Screen Turns Off (that's the default setting for Android). ;)
  2. bigsupersquid

bigsupersquid Well-Known Member

VM cuts my 3g data service in and out randomly. It usually starts back up pretty quick, but apps (or linux programs) which get uppity about dropped data connections tend to malfunction.
  3. 13oilerUp

13oilerUp Active Member

Can you undervolt BACKside? Is there any chance of future updates having this capability?
  4. JerryScript

No, underclocking is not available in this processor setup. There has been extensive testing on this issue.
  5. exProphecy

exProphecy Well-Known Member

Just to clarify on this issue, the lowest speed (for lowest voltage) it can go is 600mhz correct?
  6. JerryScript

If I remember correct (can't find the link this early), there is a small drop-off below 480. But the important findings from the testing done by mmarz was that there is no appreciable battery savings from attempting to undervolt by underclocking on the OV.
    brotherswing likes this.
  7. bhasden

bhasden Active Member

Sorry I should have mentioned that it was over 3g. Still running into it today. The Wifi sleep policy is set to never. I did find that if I put the phone in wifi hotspot mode, it'll keep the 3g data connection from being dropped and I can stream radio stations that way. Maybe it's a TuneIn Radio issue? I'll see if the same thing happens with other apps.

EDIT: Checked iHeartRadio and Google Music app as well to see if they suffered from the same issue and they do. After the stream cuts out, I can hit any button to get the screen to turn on and I can see that the 3G icon in the status bar is gone. When I unlock the phone, the 3G icon comes back and re-establishes a data connection. I'll continue with the Wifi hotspot for now, but obviously it would be nice to have this fixed.
  8. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

[​IMG]

This keeps happening no matter what I do. Mid trip.
  9. Whyzor

Whyzor Well-Known Member

Lowest possible clock in the CM settings is 122 Mhz. While undervolting doesn't work on the OV, there's still the linear relationship between frequency and power use, (122 mhz uses 1/4 the power of 480 mhz for CPU only). Keep in mind that a phone's power use comes from other components too, LCD, radio, sensors, speakers, haptic feedback motors. So 1/4 of lets say 40% of CPU power is a reduction of only 10% on the whole system by going to 122 Mhz minimum from 480 Mhz. Turning down brightness, sensors off, volume, haptic feedback can also help.
  10. oneworld25

oneworld25 New Member

Are you using juicedefender or any other battery saver app? If so, you need to either disable them when your using TuneIn Radio or whitelist the app your using.
  11. exProphecy

ohhh so undervolting does happen at lower clock speeds but just doesn't show significant gains in terms of battery life?
  12. bhasden

bhasden Active Member

Good call. Can't believe I didn't think to try that. I'll give that a shot and proceed to feel like a total moron if that's the issue.
  13. exProphecy

Oh and another question: is anyone else's alarm clock not turning on when plugged in/charging?
  14. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

I run mine every day no problem
  15. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Same here, I've got a second grader to get out the door for the school bus, and my OV has been my primary alarm clock pretty much since I got it.
  16. JerryScript

I charge overnite, and use my OV as my alarm clock to wake up. Hasn't failed me yet. ;)
  17. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

Can't say I have this problem. Maybe check your alarm settings. I know I've made dumb mistakes with that before :cool:
  18. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

Hey jerry, i think youll appreciate this. I recently got the wildfire S with GB stock. Guess what i found then deodexed. Please try this to see if it works, its the ported activation app, this will mean people can activate from your ROM, no switch back :) awesome huh? and im also attaching the swype that comes with the phone, lots of people seem to hate the beta

Attached Files:

JerryScript likes this.
  19. fructose

fructose Member

Jerry, can you include the update checker app into your next build? I skipped build 11/09 and realized that it was missing from my app drawer. :|
  20. JerryScript

Thank you, I will test it out and report back ( fingers crossed )
  21. JerryScript

Yes, and I'll post a flashable version on Mon or Tues.
  22. brucecadieux

brucecadieux Member

No audio in camera recordings. This feature was working before updating to 11/22

Is there a way to get the audio recording working again?

Never mind I disabled camera click sounds and the video audio is working again.
  23. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

Is holding the back button supposed to kill apps? It doesn't work for me so I'm wonder if it's a particular setting or it isn't apart of this ROM.
  24. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

That's the first I've heard of that, but then I tend to be a little oblivious.... It would be nice to not need a dedicated task manager.