• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

screenshot-1324403557773.png

my best battery life time on backside so far

Upvote 0
The only way I'd get that kind of battery life would be to turn all the radios off, then bury the phone in a kimchi pot in the backyard! :)

+1 for kimchi reference!

I've got a 3600mAh battery so I usually get around 1 day and 15 hours on average/above average use (no turning off data/wifi =D). At first, I thought it would malfunction or degrade since it's one of those generic Chinese batteries... but to my surprise, it's held up pretty well.

Here's the cheapest version of it I can currently find ($12-$15):
Extended 3600MAH Battery + Cover For LG Optimus S LS670 | eBay (from China)
3600mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for LG Optimus S U V LS670 | eBay (from USA)

^_^

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I just got the phone a few days ago and completed the steps outlined in the guide, everything seemed to go well, phone was rooted, roms were installed, phone was then rebooted, green theme looked great, but for some reason I seem to have lost root access as part of the process and no longer able to gingerbreak it again to get root. So the phone seems to be working fine, but I don't seem to have root anymore.

I tried to reinstall busybox but unable to install it. According to the superuser app it is granting super user status to apps that are requesting it, however they don't seem to be working e.g. astro when trying to install busybox.

The same is true when using a ConnectBot or any terminal emulator, I get the prompt just fine, "su" command seems to go through fine, but I get permission denied when I issue simple commands like "ls", "pwd" and "cd" work, but that's about it, anything more fancy like "grep" or "which" fails with "permission denied".

Interestingly I am not able to turn the device off any longer it simple reboots when I ask it to power off. Suspect this is related.

Not sure what the issue is, or if anyone else has had similar problems. Anyhow, here are the versions of the rooms I used.
- GingerBreak-v1.20.apk
- BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011.zip
- gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
- GreenMachineTheme-12162011.zip

Android version after flashing roms according to my phone is now 2.3.7 (used to be 2.2.2)

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones