[ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

1. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

Looks like it crashed attempting to download music, likely attempting to play cloud music. I can read and write code I've tried android coding making apps and I just don't have time or I would try to help with the roms.
    Edit: what's the odd second time stamp
  2. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

Hey everyone. Would anyone have interest if i wrote a Linux script to flash the recovery to the phone? im talking about new phones, that have to have the other recovery mentioned in the OP here. I could have it in like 10 minutes if there is a want.
  3. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

That might be useful to new users...
  4. simonsimons34

Thats what i thought. I can only do it for linux and mac os x. If anyone wants to port it feel free.
  5. brotherswing

If you want to, I'll port it for Windows.
  6. simonsimons34

That would be awesome, as i dont use windows. Im almost done with the script, im testing it right now.
  7. brotherswing

Cool. Just post it when it's done, I'll take it from there.
  8. simonsimons34

Whyzor likes this.
  9. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

FYI, look into ROMTools by mmarz, for Windows ;)
  10. simonsimons34

Good point jerry. I never use windows though lol. And WINE sucks. So i try to make my own linux tools ;)
  11. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

in order to keep my integredy around here ill stick with my phone
    benslgdroid and JerryScript like this.
  12. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Alright cammykool! Way to man up. I'm proud of you.
    If you need help with anything you just pm me, alright.
    JerryScript likes this.
  13. cammykool

hey andy check out my first guide my phone still isnt rommed or rooted so i did it before i redid everything its in the normal OV area
  14. AndyOpie150

Looks good.
  15. brotherswing

D'oh! Completely forgot about that! A Windows port would be completely redundant.
  16. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member

ok i was downloading some music but i looked into the app and some permissions were revoked. fixed and thanks
  17. cammykool

[​IMG]

my best battery life time on backside so far
  18. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

What was your amount of time the display was on? I find that to be really limited.
  19. brotherswing

The only way I'd get that kind of battery life would be to turn all the radios off, then bury the phone in a kimchi pot in the backyard! :)
    AndyOpie150 and exProphecy like this.
  20. exProphecy

exProphecy Well-Known Member

+1 for kimchi reference!

I've got a 3600mAh battery so I usually get around 1 day and 15 hours on average/above average use (no turning off data/wifi =D). At first, I thought it would malfunction or degrade since it's one of those generic Chinese batteries... but to my surprise, it's held up pretty well.

Here's the cheapest version of it I can currently find ($12-$15):
    Extended 3600MAH Battery + Cover For LG Optimus S LS670 | eBay (from China)
    3600mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for LG Optimus S U V LS670 | eBay (from USA)

^_^
  21. brotherswing

Yeah, the way I use my phone I really need to get one of those. Maybe come tax time.
  22. a11467

a11467 New Member

Hi all,

I just got the phone a few days ago and completed the steps outlined in the guide, everything seemed to go well, phone was rooted, roms were installed, phone was then rebooted, green theme looked great, but for some reason I seem to have lost root access as part of the process and no longer able to gingerbreak it again to get root. So the phone seems to be working fine, but I don't seem to have root anymore.

I tried to reinstall busybox but unable to install it. According to the superuser app it is granting super user status to apps that are requesting it, however they don't seem to be working e.g. astro when trying to install busybox.

The same is true when using a ConnectBot or any terminal emulator, I get the prompt just fine, "su" command seems to go through fine, but I get permission denied when I issue simple commands like "ls", "pwd" and "cd" work, but that's about it, anything more fancy like "grep" or "which" fails with "permission denied".

Interestingly I am not able to turn the device off any longer it simple reboots when I ask it to power off. Suspect this is related.

Not sure what the issue is, or if anyone else has had similar problems. Anyhow, here are the versions of the rooms I used.
    - GingerBreak-v1.20.apk
    - BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011.zip
    - gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    - GreenMachineTheme-12162011.zip

Android version after flashing roms according to my phone is now 2.3.7 (used to be 2.2.2)

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
  23. AndyOpie150

Did you make a backup of your system in the recovery(this is called a nandroid backup)?
    If you did restore it. Then see if you have root by typing in su in a terminal emulator.
  24. brotherswing

Then pull the battery, hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Reboot, then...
    :)
  25. AndyOpie150

Ooh Noo, I'm breaking up.
    Petrah likes this.