[ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

1. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I second this! QuickPic is awesome.
  2. Petrah

In the Keyboard settings, make sure the box is ticked for Show Suggestions.
  3. djthebogan

djthebogan Well-Known Member

I third quickpic. So much faster than default gallery
  4. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Alright, you have me sold. I'm going to have to try Quick pic, even though I've never had an issue with the default gallery.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

You have a top notch, above average processor as well.
    brotherswing likes this.
  6. brotherswing

About time something went my way! ;)
  7. MisterJoseph

MisterJoseph Member

The latest update completely borked my phone in like the eye. itll go through the bootup logo thing and then itll come on for like a second in the homescreen and then itll go right back out to the zippy fire circle. im gonna have to do a full wipe and then reflash, makes me sad cause i got complacenet and didnt do a good back up at all this time. just figured id say :D
  8. adam22

adam22 Member

I have a few issues.

1. Booting up, there's no sound "warning this phone etc etc". Not a huge issue but where did it go?

2. My time at the top is MIA. Any clue how to get it back?

3. Sometimes apps are crashing on me.
  9. AndyOpie150

When you get a fresh download, before putting it on the sd card, check the md5 sum to make sure you didn't get a bad download. The other thing you will need to do is make sure you wipe data/factory reset,cache partition,dalvik cache(advanced section). Then in the mounts and storage section, format boot,data,cache,and system.

The ROM will not Bork your phone. A corrupt download, or residual data from an incomplete wipe, will.
  10. Prometheus_

Prometheus_ Well-Known Member

1. That's been gone for a while, sadly. :/

2. Go into the Cyan settings and look for the clock options. I found that setting it to the middle and back to the side fixed it.

3. Only thing I can think of is your memory is getting bogged down from too many apps, or the app is too intensive. Words With Friends will crash on me every once in a while from too much effects.
  11. adam22

adam22 Member

I flashed to the newest version and the clock is still gone. Ugh.
  12. AndyOpie150

Go to settings /cyanogenMod settings /interface/status bar tweaks/ clock color. Select and change color to something that will show up in status bar.
    adam22 likes this.
  13. adam22

adam22 Member

thank you!!!

edit: just saw the post above me...thanks to you as well! This was making me soooo mad.

Out of curiosity, what does everyone recommend for cpu settings? I have it has 320 and 825 with interactive governor. Does restore on reboot matter?
  14. AndyOpie150

A good starting point for the best battery off charger times and good performance with no system or app glitches or force closures is 768MHz max-480MHz min. Smartass 2
  15. brotherswing

You should never use restore on reboot until you've thoroughly tested it's stability. I recommend using your camera or perhaps the gallery as both are pretty cpu intensive. Start higher, as you already have, then test. If it reboots under load, you're running too high. Lower it by a notch, and try again. Once you can run the camera or gallery stably you've reached your sweet spot. That's when you set the restore at reboot option.
  16. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

On the op there is a file you flash to get the bootsound back
  17. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Every time I install a new build of BACKside right away I go in and uninstall Gallery.
  18. Petrah

Would be awesome if the QuickPic dev would allow Jerry to add it into BACKside so we can kill off this nasty default Gallery once and for all.
  19. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

His site provides the apk. And he is a pretty cool guy real quick on responding to support emails so he may be ok with it.
  20. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

I don't intend to remove the default gallery app, it's a part of Android. You can always install quick pic, then go into manage applications and select the gallery, then clear defaults. You will be asked a few times when accessing images which you want to use, quick pic or the gallery, just check the default box and select quick pic, and it will become your image app. ;)

Removing the gallery altogether can bork other features/apps/functions that rely on it's intents.
  21. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

My copy of cm7 went sour last night
  22. AndyOpie150

Did you check the md5 sum after you download it?
  23. cammykool

yeah it was okay it was a battery issue.. restored to stock backup okay now
  24. cammykool

alright this is an odd issure i relinstalled backside synced my jambox via bluetooth and the music player isnt understanding my artists only the songs bought on google music are recognising
  25. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I have been removing gallery from my phone since right after I rooted (early April) and have never run into a problem. Quickpic has always been there in place of gallery for everything. Hopefully that remains true.