• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0.l0-BobZ

Im having trouble with getting vibrate to work when i receive texts any help?

In messaging press the menu button and go to settings, it should be in there.

Hey ray , wifi is working for u ? Can anyone tell me if there wifi is working properly plz . I really want to install this rom , just trying go figure out if i did something wrong . Thanks in advance

Wifi has been working perfectly for me

Reactions: phillvela7
Upvote 0
Thanks bro , im using my wifi right now . Its prety fast , but when i was on this beautiful rom it would not load anything after the first 5 minutes . I turned it off and then 3 g started acting funny . Maybe i didnt download some of the rom , can anyone tell me how big the two files are plz ?

By the way i stay in lynwood california , maybe the towers are sucky here . I dont know why no one gives me a adress to contribute to there hard efforts . Im not a thief or anything , i stay in 3526 virginia st . I even put my pic up so plz if any of you guys working on this rom need money let me know hopefully we can figure out a way to get some money in your pocket . I really hate the feeling of freeloading .

Upvote 0
Thanks bro , im using my wifi right now . Its prety fast , but when i was on this beautiful rom it would not load anything after the first 5 minutes . I turned it off and then 3 g started acting funny . Maybe i didnt download some of the rom , can anyone tell me how big the two files are plz ?

rom:168mb
gapps:88.4mb
for me

Upvote 0
Ok, some things I've gathered after using this rom on my phone for a couple hours.

The theme chooser works good, if a theme doesn't work for you then you could try changing your dpi, I've changed mine from 160 to 140 and I'm able to use all of the themes, I think.

I've looked everywhere in the settings and I can't figure out how to get the button lights to turn on? I could of sworn there was a place in the settings for this.

Playstore is a little weird, I'm not sure what it is but sometimes it force closes or makes the phone reboot.. but I think it's only for certain apps. For example, Aurora theme for cm9/cm10 on the playstore crashes the phone and makes it reboot when it trys to install

Whoa I didn't even realize that the button lights were off. There was a setting in the stock motion that allowed you to change it's settings.

Hey ray , wifi is working for u ? Can anyone tell me if there wifi is working properly plz . I really want to install this rom , just trying go figure out if i did something wrong . Thanks in advance
Everything is working perfectly fine for me. As soon as I flashed this and the gapps. I went to the settings and connected my wifi. It has never disconnected once or anything ._.

Upvote 0
Can you try standing about 10 feet away from your router , maybe its not catching the signal ? Plz and thank you

That's what i got , is that what you guys have ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-12-19-24-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-12-19-24-47.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Its weird though cause the pages load right away right now , on that rom it wont load at all maybe my wifi dosent like it ? Well im about to flash again to see what happens . Thanks a lot . I apreciate it .

Sorry that im posting like a mad man , i should leave this space for people that are thanking and commenting good things . I seem to be the only one having issues , oh and one more thing , my sis sent me a pic message so i got it downloaded right away . One of my friends in az sent me a pic but never finished dowloading .

I guess someone prayed for me , its working good now . Thanks guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-12-20-04-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-12-20-04-50.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: k0r
Upvote 0
So I tried that nice CM that was put out today... then the screen wouldn't turn off (power button showed bootscreen), and then system settings showed bootscreen, then since powerbutton showed bootscreen I couldn't get into recovery thru reboot.
So I went back to flashing stock F with the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
This gives me boot loop.
I'm attaching the log file. The phone reboots at around:
00:08:00 : Step Complete : DSP Write
00:08:02 : 3GQCT : wParam = 13, lParam = 81
I've tried repeatedly, nothing changes! HELP!

Attachments

• bootloop.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
This ROM is near perfection! I barely use 4G so it's no biggie. This can surely be used as a daily ROM.

have you tried calling anyone with it yet.

10bucks says all you get is "hello i cant hear you hello hello"

i dont know why, but the earpiece volume is way way low, and it seems like the internal mic is aswell, is there some hardware option that let's you turn it up besides the volume keys.

i got decent 3g signal in places, but it seems to be worse then a metro phone offering legitimate 3g service(do they even do that anymore?), i dont think i've ever seen a stock motion go into 3g or EV, are they actually designed to be using it all the time?

again i think its just the hardware volume though.

dont take my critizism as disrespectful to the persons making this possible.

but an everyday rom? almost, almost... as is a great WIP

also i've noticed the SMS will glitch up heavily, screen will freeze when your typing, but it still registers the keys.

backlight flickers randomly possibly because i've installed rootdim because the stock light controls still dont work.

other than that though this has brought my attention back to this device

Upvote 0
So I was making a call on Bluetooth , the screen went black and was unable to turn it back on . I had to reboot the phone , also I installed the 4.0 play store and its not glitch at all . Galley is messing up too .

Sorry for all the negative feed back . Screw that , all in all this is a great ROM . Its beautiful and fast , not going back to stock . Its great .

Upvote 0
also i've noticed the SMS will glitch up heavily, screen will freeze when your typing, but it still registers the keys.

backlight flickers randomly possibly because i've installed rootdim because the stock light controls still dont work.

I think SMS app has a whole lot of options , maybe try switching it up a bit . Also install 4.2 keyboard . And root dim glitching light ? Maybe its another app conflicting with it , my phone seems to be perfect besides the gallery but I installed semc . Its beautifully designed .

Upvote 0

I think SMS app has a whole lot of options , maybe try switching it up a bit . Also install 4.2 keyboard . And root dim glitching light ? Maybe its another app conflicting with it , my phone seems to be perfect besides the gallery but I installed semc . Its beautifully designed .

im pretty sure it was rootdim conflicting with the SMS program that would cause it to flicker. it would happen the same time the kb would go out. then you hit back and it backlight starts transparently flashing. hit back again into home screen but itll keep flashing, have to power off the screen.
i dont have it installed on the phone atm, because the no wifi. it happens alot with dhcp and my router, usually only way to fix is tinker with dhcpcd but alas android doesnt not permit linux programs in the userland really... unless can i use dhcpcd/dhcpd commands inside of the android terminal? lol.

or even copy the working contents of /data/misc/dhcp and write it into the cm version? though idk why that would even differ

dhcp use to seem like such a blessing of automatic-ness :(

Upvote 0
I followed the directions and copied everything over to sdcard, can anyone tell me if there's an adb push command (or anything!) that I can copy/paste to overwrite the phone's new folders with the old? I'm trying to get out of this boot loop!

Hey jjjooonnn its perfectly normal for my phone (Connect) to reboot around 80-86 percent. Flash your firmware again! Let it finish 100%, reboot etc. Then yank the battery, and do a factory reset with the (I think the power, vol-, then tap the home and back keys simultaneously), confirm it, let it recover and see if it comes back. It works on the Connect, may work on yours. Its worth a try if nothing else works? Just a suggestion, hope you can fix it!

Reactions: jjjooonnn
Upvote 0
I would like to remind some of the people to make sure that you report problems with this or any ROM as observations for data collection, and do not make your reports sound critical, or winey.

Bobz spent a lot of time on this project, and the last thing he wants is complaints.

Thank you BobZ for your hard work and all the time you spent on this.

Upvote 0
I would like to remind some of the people to make sure that you report problems with this or any ROM as observations for data collection, and do not make your reports sound critical, or winey.

Bobz spent a lot of time on this project, and the last thing he wants is complaints.

Thank you BobZ for your hard work and all the time you spent on this.

I see no whining. From anyone. Every problem is critical from certain perspectives.

Thats why its a WIP to insinuate the continuing effort into making it suitable for everyday use.

Basically all this needs aside from a few buggy things here and there is lte/4g.

BTW WiFi issue was router dhcp problems.fixed now and I will force people to text instead of call ;p

Upvote 0
I have had issues with the telphony/dialer app freezing or lagging and the same issues with the volume rockers. These issues cleared up after some resets and playing around.

The display brightness seems to be the only issue that i can see(besides 4G), seems somewhere between 50-100% and adjusting does nothing.

Edit: fixed this with rootdim, like plasticarmyman mentions below.

Great work and thanks to Bobz, PG, Hroark, and all other developers that have worked on this!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones