• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM7 Port for Vortex VS660

mine too.. there has to be a way to fix it. i did the clockworkmod after that i rebooted into recovery and has been stuck at the lg screen ever since.

How does one boot the lg vortex into Fastboot for the win?

power+vol-up+search, if not its vol-down. It has been a while. I'll try to link you to the thread with the solution when i get off of work, but i think thats at least the basics of it.

here is what I used. Quoted from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1031596

Remove battery from phone
Begin holding power, volume down and home
Plug phone into ac power WITHOUT LETTING GO OF BUTTONS (wasn't easy for me either)
Phone should boot into recovery (in my case the custom recovery)
You can let go of those buttons now
Install battery
Flash your phone and rejoice!

except for some reason mine used search button instead of home, go figure lol.
good luck man it took a good while before i got it just right.

Upvote 0
I just registered to say thanks to BobZhome for the hard work he put in to getting a port of CM for the Vortex. I'd be willing to make a paypal donation towards getting him an actual vortex phone to use so he could continue to make improvements. If people would be willing to kick in $5 he could probably pick one up on Ebay for $50 or less.

I'm new to these forums and custom ROMS, but I'm very pleased with this ROM. If a few of the bugs are worked out such as the auto rotate, and the few other issues that are listed in the thread this makes these old phones into a decent find for the low cost IMO.

Thanks BobZhome for all of the work you put into this.

Reactions: OhSeven
Upvote 0
Also you can't change the connection pref. I was trying to switch to sdcard to pc but there was no menu in either the settings or from the pull down menu.

I get this when plugged into a computer. Since your phone isn't charging, I'd guess there's a problem with the cord or port on your phone. But if they work with another rom, I don't know.

Upvote 0
Would anyone mind putting together a small and quick guide on what files are required to flash to get all of the solved issues working. Also include the order of files to flash as well as any issues that were not fixed. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take there time.

check out the link in my signature that I'll be adding soon.

Reactions: Maw343 and BKiv
Upvote 0
I may have missed it but did anyone find a fix to the issue of screen rotation?

When I flashed Geoffery's fix for the camera it fixed my rotate settings.

My phone does charge in stock and breakneck with no problem. For some reason CM7 doesn't want to charge it. It just discharges it. Not sure what I did/did not do. I'm thinking its time to return to full stock on my phone cause it keeps screwing up with any of the three roms. Thanks to whoever posted that downgrade manual I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home. (I'm just too lazy to go look, but I'll give you a thanks!) :3

Upvote 0
hey guys, is it just me, or is the gps not working? i tried google maps, and it gives me a location way off of my location, and it can't connect to any sattelites when in google navigator, and many other gps based apps like speedview etc.

Mine seems to work correctly and is very accurate with google maps.

Only main issues I seem to have with this Build is that you need to have the speakerphone enabled to solve the in call microphone issue, and the rotation. Other than that, it has been very stable for me.

Upvote 0
Mine seems to work correctly and is very accurate with google maps.

Only main issues I seem to have with this Build is that you need to have the speakerphone enabled to solve the in call microphone issue, and the rotation. Other than that, it has been very stable for me.

Weird cuz ive tried the previous build (which seemed a bit more stable to me after all the fixes) and the latest one, but still no gps. only after i restored stock rom it started working...

Upvote 0
The Camera works fine for me when i flashed it. Just and fyi lol.

The camera seems to work fine for me too.

I still can't get my sensors to work, even after flashing GINM's kernel. I restored back to the original kernel and this shows up in dmesg when enabling/disabling the sensors in Elixir, maybe it will help.

Code:
<3>[ 9068.975836] AMI304-ERR[ami304hal_ioctl   : 1325]not supported command= 0x40048505
<3>[ 9068.975923] AMI304-ERR[ami304hal_ioctl   : 1325]not supported command= 0x40048504

Upvote 0
Success!

Just wanted to weigh in.

1) Started by updating to GITM's 3.06 recovery
2) Formatted and partitioned a fresh SD card using the recovery options
3) Rebooted and cleared EVERYTHING twice (just to be sure)
4) Copied ONLY Geofferey's nand backup and the ROM zip to SD
5) Flashed ROM
6) Rebooted
7) Rebooted to recovery
8) Restored nand
9) All sensors/bluetooth/camera/rotation/calling/speaker phone/etc... work perfectly

Other Notes:
- I am using "Voltage Control" to overclock as the built in menu option didn't work for me. (currently stable at 806mhz)
- I prefer ADW as launcher
- "Barcode Scanner" works but doesn't properly activate the camera in the scanning area, instead it shows my background image. Have not tried any other scanner apps.
- I do have to check "International data roaming" to enable data

I am extremely happy with this ROM! Thanks so much, I have been waiting for CM ever since I bought the Vortex.

Oh, and btw, I'm posting this while tethered via hotspot, which works perfectly (as does usb tethering)

So thank you again, and let me know if there is any information from my phone that would aid in development.

Upvote 0
I have been using this ROM for two days now, and I want to say THANKS!
I am very happy with how snappy it feels. Camera is working just fine, menu overclocking seems to be working just fine as well, Google apps all good. No problems with Maps, and in fact it seems to lock on my location much faster than under stock.

I started by wiping all data, cache, Dalvik, and reformatted my SD card (32mb swap, 1gig ext2, 14gig fat32). So far I have only encountered a few issues.

1- As others have reported, the internal mic seems to be set too low. People say thay can't hear me well until I turn on speakerphone option. Turning on speakerphone DOES NOT really turn on the speakerphone, but only boosts the volume of my voice for the person on the other end. (Not a big deal to me as speakerphone was a feature I used very rarely.) Is there a way to enable speakerphone by default whenever I make or receive a call?

2-
The speaker volume for ringtones and notifications is much lower than it used to be. I have the volume settings maxed out but it's still too quiet to hear inside my pocket if there is much environmental noise.
EDIT: Nevermind, user error...

3- Does not automatically switch landscape/portrait display modes, as others have reported. In the DevTools app, the "Instrumentation" section is empty. Is there an app which simply toggles between landscape and portrait? If so, we could set it to run on long press of search key, for example.

Many, many thanks for your hard work. I feel like I have an entirely new phone now! Please let me know if any information from my phone will help you going further.

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for their help and comments here. Has provided some very educational reading for me.

I have the 12/2 version installed and as far as I know all is well but I was not able to download the NAND backup everyone is talking about...

I am commenting because I am hoping someone else or maybe Geoffrey could upload another copy of his NAND backup because as most of you probably know Megaupload is no longer online and that's where geoffrey was hosting that file.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Upvote 0
When are we going to get an updated rom? Why cant the dev just take the optimus v rom and switch the carrier?
I hate to say it, but I do build for the Optimus V...It's the phone I own!
The phones may have the same name, but they do have different parts.
I'm working on a new build, I'll post it some time this week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones