2. BobZhome

BobZhome Well-Known Member

In the OP(first post)... new build = 10/28
  3. masterdbugger

masterdbugger Active Member

I tried the new build, but it just looped at the LG logo and won't boot
  4. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Froze on the LG Logo. Had to restore last Nand.
  5. BobZhome

Thanks for the feed back, either OC is to high or it didn't like the drivers.
  6. masterdbugger

Can you set it up to boot at 600 Mhz but allow the user to change it after boot with CPU Master or a similar app? That's how mine was set up with the breakneck rom and it worked great.
    BobZhome likes this.
  7. BobZhome

Updated OP with new build
    I set Max and Min boot up CPU freq in new kernel...thanks for the suggestion...it should have been set by me when I added OC, but I forgot :rolleyes:
    Sorry for the mistake!
  8. masterdbugger

It still didn't get past the LG Logo, but I actually managed to get it to boot by using getitnowmarketing's overclocked kernel, and it looks great, camera still doesn't work, but I don't have a roaming indicator as far as I can tell

Edit: The display seems to not be turning back on correctly still, also the overclocking options don't seem to work in the settings menu

Oh, is the screen animations that weren't working the homescreen transitions or something else? they work fine for me now
    edit again: i found that if you turn the screen-on and screen-off animations off it fixes the lock screen display problem, so maybe that's what was meant by screen animations not working. also, using cpu master I was able to overclock successfully
  9. aperseghin

aperseghin Active Member

Hav not tried the new build because of the issues above, i need my phone :)

also whenever i do a nand backup, restoring ALWAYS fails (dont know why nothing to do with this anyway)

OK as far as i can tell the cpu freq sounds like it is set too high at boot, not sure. screen animations seem to be fixed and the roaming indicator is off.

Someone running this build please dial *228 and tell me if you get a number pad and are able to input while on the call.
  10. masterdbugger

no keyboard when in a *228 call, however I was able to set long hold on the menu button to toggle the soft keyboard and it works fine. Regular calls show the dailpad icon. Basically with some tweaking it runs almost perfectly except the camera

edit: mobile data doesn't seem to be working either
  11. BobZhome

Thanks for the feedback!
    Right now for me the important thing is to get the phone booted with my kernel.
    Can someone grab me the config.gz file and post it somewhere?
    It's located in /proc/config.gz
  12. masterdbugger

This is what's on mine, although I overwote the kernel so I don't know if it's different?
    config.gz
  13. BobZhome

Thanks but that was from the kernel you flashed...I need the one from the stock ROM.

Updated OP with new build.
    Let's cross our fingers on this booting ;)
  14. masterdbugger

This one gets to the second LG logo, I believe it's the boot animation. Doesn't ever boot though
  15. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

Here is the config.gz from stock rom ;-)

Attached Files:

16. BobZhome

Thanks for the file!

Updated OP with new build...I changed my config file to match as closely to the stock one that geofferey provided. I feel good that this will boot...so I named this kernel version 1 ;)
  17. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

Your welcome mate. I flashed the new build & it appears to freeze at the second LG logo still. I wish there was something else I could do to help. I just flash the shit :(
  18. masterdbugger

The kernel works, however the stock camera drivers cause it to hang during boot. I replaced them with the drivers you had before you reverted to stock, and it booted, but the camera still doesn't work. hope that helps!
    BobZhome and geofferey like this.
  19. BobZhome

Thanks for testing!
    I know where to go from here...I was blind for a bit there...It's not easy doing this with no phone to test on.
    I'll have a bootable build in a couple of days...I have to do some work on another phone.
  20. BobZhome

Updated OP to new build.
    Hopefully the AMI304 changes help the screen issue.
  21. aperseghin

aperseghin Active Member

anyone test yet? im still running the first build
  22. brianmaedche

brianmaedche Well-Known Member

New build seems to be working great on my vortex. got a 1216 quad score at 825 mhz.
  23. BobZhome

That's good to here...
    Have any of the following:
    Screen Animations
    Camera
    Roaming Indicator
    working?
    Did I break anything else?

Thanks for the feedback!
  24. Maw343

Maw343 Member

I recently today flashed the 11/3 rom to my vortex and I can't seem to get passed the boot animation. It moves for a little while and then freezes. Any thoughts on this?
  25. BobZhome

If it doesn't boot after 10 minutes > Pull the battery for 20 seconds > Put back battery and start phone > If it still doesn't boot up after 10 minutes > Pull battery again for 20 seconds > Put back battery and boot into recovery > be sure to wipe/format everything EXCEPT SDcard > re-flash ROM
    Maw343 likes this.