{ROM}(WIP)Cm9 [SUPER ALPHA]

1. Boraichee

Boraichee Well-Known Member

WARNING THIS ROM IS SO FAR FROM DONE. IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE IT IS NOT MY FAULT. BOTTOM LINE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! NO NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SCREEN FLICKERS BLACK ALLLOOOTT AND DOES NOT HAVE NATIVE TOUCH (ITS ALMOST LIKE A MOUSE.)

ONLY FOR OVERCLOCKABLE ADMIRES!

KNOW BEFORE FLASHING YOU WILL BE GOING BACK TO WHAT EVER ROM YOU HAVE AS OF NOW. MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP you will need it ;)

THIS ROM IS PORTED FROM THE SAMSUNG PREVAIL (STILL SAYS PREVAIL IN ABOUT PHONE) IT IS NOT BUILT FROM SOURCE

PHONE CALLING WORKS

EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOT WORKING AS OF NOW. THIS IS VERY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS

BUT I AM PUTTING IT UP FOR A FEW REASONS. I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO SEE ICS IN ACTION. EVEN WITH THE SCREEN PROBLEMS YOU CAN STILL PLAY WITH ICS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO WORK WITH THE KERNEL TO GET THE TOUCHSCREEN TO WORK BUT AM FOR FROM FINSHING. PLEASE TO ANYOTHER DEVS TAKE A LOOK AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIX ANYTHING.

LINK
    Dev-Host - admirecm9ockern.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Screen shot that I took. Took 3 trys with all the flickering :/
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Boraichee

I'm not following you is that the files I need it work on?

Fyi this is a Lang.

Kang* damn auto correct
  3. RaverX3X

RaverX3X Well-Known Member

kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen. There is also some code straight in kernel/drivers/input.
  4. Boraichee

5. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

YES! AN EFFING SCREEN SHOT! WOO!

Who has two thumbs and can't wait to get a hold of this rom?

Thats right. This guy! :D
    Samsung Use i likes this.
  6. RaverX3X

RaverX3X Well-Known Member

do you still have req0's cm 7 kernel?

just ask playful as he has more experience with the device then i do.
  7. Diego1593

Diego1593 Well-Known Member

Borachii is awesome!
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

the touchsreen is kernel related as the touchscreen driver src needs edited. The keymapping files will be needed too as they are diff for each device. ;)
  9. Boraichee

btw the keylayout is fine its a port from the prevail. the phone is almost the same board with a different case.
  10. Boraichee

the screen is flickering like crazy. it also only works like a mouse pointer
  11. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

Wait....this might sound really stupid since im pretty stupid...but is the cm9 or a theme with your 2.3.6 rom
  12. Boraichee

Its cm9 android 4.0.3. PG i would really love your help in point me the right way if you know anything on the topic. If i could get this thing to stop flickering this would be semi usable.
  13. Lol....its CM9 kanged from the galaxy prevail
  14. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

Color me stupid, as well, but can someone explain what "kang" is? I assume its some kind of port or something? I don't know, I only ever saw it here and I also saw it on the threads for CM9 on the Optimus S.
  15. I might not be right but i think it is like porting but mostly like dragging and dropping files ... Replacing / copy nd paste....
  16. jlmcmahon

jlmcmahon Well-Known Member

Good job Boraichee...Thanks for your hard work
  17. Boraichee

building a good kanged rom takes alittle more then that but pretty much this ^
  18. PlayfulGod

yea the flciker is prolly due to the display drivers (adreno I believe) and the touchscreen drivers not been edited. Sounds like you have touchscreen_legacy (which it needs to be) set tho hence it acting like a mouse pointer atm.
  19. Cuzuaintme

Cuzuaintme Well-Known Member

From what I understand, to kang is to take the work of another and include it into your own work/ROM without crediting the source. In the case of ICS Kang ROMs, I believe it is all people dropping each other's work into one ROM without worrying about crediting people and simply pushing out new features to the ROM.
  20. PlayfulGod

a dirty port fits that description.

A real port, that being one built from src, requires config files edited for the intended device, the correct props pulled from the device, and it all massaged n buttered up to work correctly with each other. This is still quite a under taken even if using a kanged repo as a base. Not to mention there is no getting around the kernel edits/hacks. IMO almost anyone can do a dirty port if they put the time into it, but it takes a lil skill and knowledge to build from src. ;)
  21. dharp1996

Dont worry bro...I was thinking the exact same thing :p
  22. PlayfulGod

Yea purdy much the word kanged means to rip off some ones else work and not give due credit. Cm lessened the meaning as most unofficial CM ports are technically kanged, but its hard to not give CM crdit as everyone knows who makes CM lol. Dev's just port it different devices, usually from source, but you do have those who 'port' precompiled CM ROM's from other devices. Which IMO is stupid because its src is readily available.

;)
  23. Boraichee

One thing i am good with is building kernels so working on the drivers want be to hard on me. so i need to edit the touchscreen lib files on the system side of things. then the drivers on the kernel level? BTW i do intend to give full credit were it belongs. I never think of kanging as stealing..
  24. dharp1996

I know this is really off-topic...but whered you dudes learn to be....like awesome dev dudes