1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

1. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

UPDATE: PlayfulGod/BobZhome will be carrying on with CM7. They've been building for awhile, so you guys will be in good hands. Take care.

Well, I don't think Huawei would ever release Android 2.3 on the Ascend. So, I took it upon myself to try and get it on there. I'm currently releasing builds (should be beta stage, now) of CM7 (Android 2.3.4).

If you'd like to go ahead and try it out, please visit my wiki here: CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android

Please remember that I do this in my spare time. I don't even use the Ascend anymore, so I can't say it's really a big priority for me. However, I'd like to get all the kinks worked out. If you do link this somewhere else, all I ask is you provide proper credits. Thanks for looking.

Screenshots are available on the wiki page.

isaacj87

P.S. If you like what I'm doing (and you want me to be able to continue), please Donate! Any and all donations are appreciated: Donation Link!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

what are known bugs?
  3. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Toke, This is the link he posted above and it's also the one everyone uses for reference. CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android This is a prepaid android wiki site. There is another site listed for more info too. http://www.cyanogenmod.com/ [Compliments of Isaacj87 and anyone else who is involved.]

What works?

Bluetooth
    Wifi
    GPS (see notes)
    Sound
    Accelerometer
    Hardware keys
    Trackball
    Touchscreen
    Lights
    Apps2sd
    Radio
    Data services
    Basic USB functionality

What doesn't?

Camera
    USB mounting
    Certain apps will take down the system (see notes)

Notes

Certain apps will take down the system (major slow-down). While the GPS works, Maps will cause instability. Camera has the same effect. In order to undo this, simply lock the screen and unlock it. CM7 should return to normal. I'm not sure the cause of this, but it's a top priority for me.

Angry birds doesn't install correctly. After it's installed from the Market, go into Applications –> Manage Apps and move Angry Birds to the phone to play.
  4. Zak6169

Zak6169 Active Member

what cwm do we hav to use in order to do this?
  5. septembersrain

From what I've been told that we have to use 3.0.0.5. That people who use the 2.5.1.8 (I think) the one used for Icarus causes problems. Here is the link. recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend.img

^^.
    Lennatron likes this.
  6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

do you have to unroot the phone before installing this?
  7. septembersrain

No. Most people who are installing this are rooted or coming from another rom. I believe like Icarus this mod comes rooted aleady too. Not entirely sure though.
  8. lumberjack_ian

lumberjack_ian Active Member

are there any benefits at this time over the icarus mod... meaning what bit advantages does 2.3 have over 2.2?
  9. septembersrain

There are quite a few advantages, Though I've really only heard about speed and efficiency myself. This is still new though, I'm sure I'll be trying it soon enough once some of the bugs are out. ^^. If you want to try it, Just do a back up of what you've currently got. Honestly you won't know ALL the pluses and minuses unless you try it yourself. ^.^
  10. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to upgrade to Clockwork 3 if you're already using 2.5 from flashing Icarus?
  11. septembersrain

Same way as 2.5. Through the computer. I believe you can use the same steps you did for 2.5. The link for it is above. Just follow install instructions under Icarus 1.1, but use the 3 version. Correct me anyone if I am wrong.
    Lennatron likes this.
  12. melo1819

melo1819 Member

Just use Rom Manager from the market to flash your Clockwork. It will update it to Clockwork 3.
  13. septembersrain

I've been told certain rom managers do not work properly on the Ascend. That they were tested through the market by someone at prepaidandroids (myascend.org). I did not test it myself but, Better safe than sorry. :)
  14. nuttmeg

you could just flash back to stock rom, than install clock work 3.
  15. septembersrain

It would be good if you have a back up too after you already rooted. That might be a good one to start from too. Thanks!
  16. nuttmeg

yep yep...always backup :)
  17. ucraj510

ucraj510 Well-Known Member

2questions
    Does the cm7 have oc kernal, if yes wats max oc
    Is it faster than icarus 1.1
  18. ucraj510

ucraj510 Well-Known Member

2questions
    Does the cm7 have oc kernal, if yes wats max oc
    Is it faster than icarus 1.1
  19. Zak6169

Zak6169 Active Member

just installed this XD nice huawei logo!!!!
  20. Zak6169

Zak6169 Active Member

dude its sick!!!!!!
  21. Ascend_45204

Ascend_45204 Well-Known Member

i have it also i like it just dont like that the end call bottom puts it to sleep
    AscendMaster likes this.
  22. Zak6169

Zak6169 Active Member

ya it is a lil hard to get used after the normal ascend but i like it alot, vry smooth screen transitions and the settings on it were vry easy to navigate. just wish theyd fix the usb mounting and the camera. but whole well all i can do is wait!!!!!! props to isaac for this
  23. melo1819

melo1819 Member

To fix this go into the app drawer, open up "spare parts" and click on "end button behavior". From there you should be able to change it to "Go to home".
    Scur, danaj, twstde and 1 other person like this.
  24. isaacj87

Yes, this is right. There's probably a way to enable this by default (Huawei did it), but I'm not sure how.

New nightly (03232011) will be up in a couple of minutes. It adds OC kernel and compcache support. Overclocking up to 710 MHz. There is NO wipe needed to go from the previous nightly to the new one.

Camera and USB will not be easy fixes. I'm in the process of selling my Ascend, so it'll be up to the next guy. (If there's any takers)
  25. isaacj87

Sorry, double post.