[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Last Updated:

1. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

could you possibly put all your previous work on the ascend into one easy-to-get .zip file?
    a couple friends and i are very interested in continuing your work on icarus and the CM7 mods. having your previous work will make it much easier than continuing from scratch.

p.s. what do you want for the phone?

2. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

Does this install like Icarus, or can I use ROM manager? Can someone provide some simple instructions?
  3. Tokenpoke

click link in first post.

oops, nvmnd....

there is another thread on it around here somewhere.
  4. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

You do not want to use a rom manager. I've heard people having mucho issues with that. I'd say you should install this like Icarus. Do the CWM the same way except using the 3xx version instead of the 2xx version. ^.^
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

im currently still running this mod, speed is A1, but if anyone want to try this go ahead, and i installed this with cwm 2x and no problem. but backup you current rom and place a copy on your computer and leave one on your sd card, abd when you ibstall this cm7 make a backup of cm7 also, you can flash between the 2 roms with ease by using restore in cwm and no need to do a full wipe on nothing.:D:D:D:D:D
    Scur, name7ess and twstde like this.
  6. Ascend_45204

Ascend_45204 Well-Known Member

I have a Question I have the CM7 on my Phone I love it but I want to know how to get more Themes for it I see themes for other phones and they look Sick Can anyone help me out in trying to get new themes for the CM7 for Ascend?

Thank you
  7. septembersrain

If I'm not mistaken, I think metamorph can be used with cm7. I am using it with Imod. I'd do more research on this though to make sure. ^.^
  8. twstde

twstde Member

I am running cm7, but now my 3g doesn't power the browser, only wifi :confused:
  9. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

They're in the Market. Just search for CM7 themes.
    name7ess and Ascend_45204 like this.
  10. SimranS

SimranS New Member

I need a flashable version of gapps, if anyone has a link to download it. Also I have a question, If I do the revert back to stock 'Update.APP' will it remove all my apps, contacts, messages? And if it doesn't does that restore my gapps?
  11. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

Any chance to get some screenshots of this?
    Lennatron likes this.
  12. NorCaL28

NorCaL28 Member

No Screen shots are possible since the Camera doesn't work on cm7
  13. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

14. isaacj87

la sal and Lennatron like this.
  15. Tokenpoke

use the shoot me app.
  16. Joeyjams

Joeyjams Member

Is anyone working on a camera fix ?
    fredrick1213 likes this.
  17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

OMG I'm loving this lol. Thus far its faster and smoother than 2.1 ever thought of being. I tried the unofficial 2.2's but all I got were force close errors and couldnt even setup the network settings. CM7 installed like a charm :D

Now if someone could fix the usb and camera this would rock big time :)
    la sal likes this.
  18. PlayfulGod

umm no market app?? how can I get one that works with 2.3?
  19. Joeyjams

Joeyjams Member

Goto this link CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android and download gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip. install through clockwork mod recovery. Install zip from sdcard.... then select choose zip from sdcard...Hope this helps
    dxh likes this.
  20. PlayfulGod

der that did the trick thanks Joeyjams!
  21. PlayfulGod

Oh and thanks isaacj87, great job, wish you could get everything working b4 ya get rid of your ascend tho ;)
    kbaybee2001 likes this.
  22. septembersrain

He has done a ton aleady. I am sure there will be people he trusts who will try to work on these issues. :) Good things come to those who can wait. ^^.
  23. Silverkx2000

Silverkx2000 Well-Known Member

Actually! According to sources, he just finished working out the bugs, we just have to wait till he releases it, he may be testing it as we speak.
    la sal likes this.
  24. PlayfulGod

That wold be kewl. I can be patient since I dont use the camera much any way lol.

As is I'm loving it :)
  25. isaacj87

Camera and USB Mounting has been fixed. Camera app still takes down the system, but at least it works now.

The new nightly (03302011) will be up after I get back from class.

There's also a new CWM ( to flash. It's not completely necessary to flash the new one, but it has new features in it.
    name7ess, krazykaigh, dxh and 5 others like this.