[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

1. ChrisHighwind

ChrisHighwind Member

Wow! Thanks Isaac! I can live without mms, but so far everything else sounds fully fuctional! Now I can move back to CM7 permanently ^^ Thank you very much again.

Question, though: Will Google Maps still take down the system?
  2. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

Thanks to Isaac for working on this:)

Does camera working but taking down the system mean that the camera works but then your phone reboots itself???
  3. Ascend_45204

Ascend_45204 Well-Known Member

I cant wait till the Update is Up
  4. ChrisHighwind

ChrisHighwind Member

Based on past experiences, what happened for me was that upon selecting the stock camera app, the system would slow down immensely until the app force closed. But I use Camera360 instead of the stock camera app, so I don't have to worry.
    Lennatron likes this.
  5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

From what I seen it just doesnt work and lags the phone up
    Lennatron likes this.
  6. PlayfulGod

Did the camera work with that app?
  7. ChrisHighwind

ChrisHighwind Member

Well, it didn't lag the phone up and force-close like the stock camera app did, but the camera still didn't work (I'd get this checkerboard pattern and a moving square instead of seeing through the camera lens)
  8. PlayfulGod

better than what I got, just a blank white screen lol. Maybe a driver issue with the camera hardware. I'm sure the guru's will get it sorted out in due time :D
  9. Ascend_45204

I need Help I went to Put CM7 on my phone did everything and when it boots up it go's to green android guy you touch to set it up and then Reboots what did I miss Was i too formate Boot,system,data and cache in the Mount and Storage?
  10. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't reboot. What happens is the you can take pictures, but when you leave the app (a.k.a go to the Home screen), the system slows down A LOT. The only way to bring it back up is the lock and unlock the screen.
    la sal likes this.
  11. fredrick1213

fredrick1213 Well-Known Member

I can DEFINITELY live with that. I mean how much trouble could locking and unlocking the screen be if we're getting this awesome ROM in return?
  12. Ascend_45204

I would love to get this on my Phone But I tried to install it 4 times today and it stays in reboot over and over Can someone put the Correct instructions up so i know what im doing wrong Please

Isaacj87 Again Ty For this
  13. fredrick1213

When you say it stays in reboot do you mean that it stays at one screen after you choose to reboot the system? If so, you may have to remove the battery after about 10-15 minutes as well as the sd card and boot the phone without the sd card. After the phone is fully booted, you can insert the sd card again. The same thing happened to me when I was installing ICARUS 1.1 and Jazz told me to do that and it worked like a charm.

Does anyone know if this ROM has UIM errors like the froyo ROM?
  14. isaacj87

No way. I built this from source. Meaning I took the Android/AOSP/CM7 source code, made changes to code and built a version tailored for the Ascend.

The reason why the other Froyo ROM does that is because it's a ROM made for ANOTHER phone and someone kitchened it on to the Ascend. No source code means no fixes. That's why there's no updates to it.
    dxh likes this.
  15. Ascend_45204

NO UIM error thay i know of thank you im going to try it now after i back up CM6
  16. one80bysummer1

one80bysummer1 Well-Known Member

anybody have screenshots by chance??
  17. isaacj87

New build (03302011) is up. Have at it, guys.
    la sal, PlayfulGod and one80bysummer1 like this.
  18. fredrick1213

Thanks! Gonna install it in a few. I'm sure I'll be VERY satisfied with it.
  19. PlayfulGod

sweet isaac thanks dude, I'll be backing up n installing new version in a bit :)
  20. PlayfulGod

question, can it be installed with out losing all data and apps? and will apps from my 2.1 backup be saved to install on cm7?
  21. isaacj87

A wipe is required for the latest nightly as I changed the odexing in this build.

EDIT: @Playful: You'll lose your apps.
  22. mrnye

mrnye Member

Damn I think I must have just flashed right before you put that up! I have 03232011. Is the new build in the same place(prepaid wiki)?
  23. isaacj87

Yeah, make sure to do a data wipe before flashing the new build
  24. PlayfulGod

I followed the instructions from the froyo thread. I used CWM3.0.0.5 and used the cm7 file and the gapp file from isaacs link. Worked like a charm first go for me. I tried installing froyo first but couldnt set up the network settings because of fc errors.
  25. opsguy

opsguy Active Member

Sweet.....Thanks Isaac! I am going to go try it right now :)