• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Yes - After just using the stock launcher, I can tell performance is much better than Launcher pro and Go launcher. Both launchers are great, but don't seem to run as smoothly. I'd rather have smooth usage than customization.

with launcher pro, you have to go to preference and set your setting, and tweak it, and also disabling wallpaper scrolling speeds up you home scrolling also...:cool:

Upvote 0
2 new GPU governors (Smart@$$ and Interactive):
  • Smart@$$ - When the phone is sleeping, it'll cap the max CPU speed to while sleeping to 352 MHz. This helps in increasing battery life.
  • Interactive - More performance oriented. This one will ramp up smoother than ondemand. Gives more CPU to apps needing the extra power.
mines is current set to the first one, and it works like a charm!!!:)
the first time i loaded the current CM7 & clocked it to the max it would freeze on opening & app. i'll try the Interactive & see... thanx for the info

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey Nutt! Were green now!

Depending on your os the drivers may not install correctly. The main known issue is with win7. I will try to find the info on doing that today

yep yep, i had posted wrong link for usb, but i fix already...but thats all they have to do, just uninstall driver and re install, btw Congrats!!!:)

Upvote 0
Is there anyway, Isaac, that you could look into incorporating scrollable widgets in the stock browser? That is the only reason I use any third party browsers, which is kind of a downfall since the stock browser is so much more responsive and less resource hungry.

Thanks again for the amazing port, although i'm stuck on 0509 since everything is working and no real outstanding improvements have been made :)

Upvote 0
Is there anyway, Isaac, that you could look into incorporating scrollable widgets in the stock browser? That is the only reason I use any third party browsers, which is kind of a downfall since the stock browser is so much more responsive and less resource hungry.

Thanks again for the amazing port, although i'm stuck on 0509 since everything is working and no real outstanding improvements have been made :)

it is/has been improve, look at the wiki page, link is in my siggy, and read up on all the fixes and more tweaks that has been added to the 05212011 build.

Upvote 0

0509 was a nice build, but seriously, you NEED to flash 0521. It is by far the slickest build yet, and just has a very clean feel to it. The Huawei code that Issac removed really shows through. Flash it, you will thank yourself for it.

Upvote 0
it is/has been improve, look at the wiki page, link is in my siggy, and read up on all the fixes and more tweaks that has been added to the 05212011 build.

Sorry, I guess I meant MAJOR changes. I understand the removal of code makes the rom more stable and a little snappier but a LITTLE isn't enough for me to wipe everything and have to redo all my customizations i've made so far. Granted titu does a great job of backing things up, but i've had problems and at this point, unless someone could convince me that the changes made from 0509 to 0521 are so significant that you actually notice a difference, i think i'll stay with 0509 :D no offense isaac just don't see any point in fixing it if its not broken ;)

PS I check the wiki and icarusmod website daily as they are my homepage's through chrome ;)

Upvote 0
Sorry, I guess I meant MAJOR changes. I understand the removal of code makes the rom more stable and a little snappier but a LITTLE isn't enough for me to wipe everything and have to redo all my customizations i've made so far. Granted titu does a great job of backing things up, but i've had problems and at this point, unless someone could convince me that the changes made from 0509 to 0521 are so significant that you actually notice a difference, i think i'll stay with 0509 :D no offense isaac just don't see any point in fixing it if its not broken ;)

PS I check the wiki and icarusmod website daily as they are my homepage's through chrome ;)

yeppers i feel you on that, but also for furtur refs, if you have google backup your setting, they will automatic restore them when you flash a new build and sign into google on your phone, the setting for that is in settings/privacy setting...just a side note...lol but if its not broken dont fix it...:D

Upvote 0
yeppers i feel you on that, but also for furtur refs, if you have google backup your setting, they will automatic restore them when you flash a new build and sign into google on your phone, the setting for that is in settings/privacy setting...just a side note...lol but if its not broken dont fix it...:D

yea i have this checked but it still seems to be missing a few settings here and there

I'm actually about to download it and say f*it for the specific reason that I'm getting a LOT of recent FC for some reason. Programs that worked before now seem to FC ALL the time and LPP is starting to do the same :mad:

Now my only issue is that the batch option on my titu won't work and FC everytime i click the batch option from the menu :thinking: attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to see if this fixes the issue. If not, then here comes hours of customizing again -_- *shakes head*

EDIT: *wipes forehead* the reinstall brought back the batch option, going to back up everything and then start up the new ROM *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0
yea i have this checked but it still seems to be missing a few settings here and there

I'm actually about to download it and say f*it for the specific reason that I'm getting a LOT of recent FC for some reason. Programs that worked before now seem to FC ALL the time and LPP is starting to do the same :mad:

Now my only issue is that the batch option on my titu won't work and FC everytime i click the batch option from the menu :thinking: attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to see if this fixes the issue. If not, then here comes hours of customizing again -_- *shakes head*

EDIT: *wipes forehead* the reinstall brought back the batch option, going to back up everything and then start up the new ROM *fingers crossed*

wait make a backup rom first just incase you start bootlooping, than you can revert back to this if it ever messes up...also before the fc started what was the last thing you installed?

Upvote 0
wait make a backup rom first just incase you start bootlooping, than you can revert back to this if it ever messes up...also before the fc started what was the last thing you installed?

already made a backup as well lol not my first rodeo, but on the installs lol i have NO idea. I'm an avid app tester so who knows which one screwed everything up lol but either way i'm gonna go ahead and try out the new ROM just to see how it fits into my current everyday usage.

PS thanks for the file but thats the one i've already got ;) also an avid pirate ;)

Upvote 0
if you have google backup your setting, they will automatic restore them when you flash a new build and sign into google on your phone, the setting for that is in settings/privacy setting...just a side note...lol but if its not broken dont fix it...:D
Yeh, about that. I love that feature, however, it does not restore everything each time.
This last build upgrade it failed to restore my wifi settings for my home LAN, not a biggy but if you have multiple encryption keys to enter, it would be a pain to have to redo them all.
Also, it won't reinstall apps that were not installed via the market, again, not a biggy but still a another reason to keep TiBu as a fail safe.
Heck, I've got AppBackup too just for an extra fail safe layer.

Upvote 0
Yeh, about that. I love that feature, however, it does not restore everything each time.
This last build upgrade it failed to restore my wifi settings for my home LAN, not a biggy but if you have multiple encryption keys to enter, it would be a pain to have to redo them all.
Also, it won't reinstall apps that were not installed via the market, again, not a biggy but still a another reason to keep TiBu as a fail safe.
Heck, I've got AppBackup too just for an extra fail safe layer.

true for some peoples, but all my setting has been restored except setting the cpu and the home button, before i flash roms just to be sure i uncheck backup with google than recheck it again, than go to sync and do the same thing so it can refresh...and its a definitely to have titu for a rainy day, :D i hate having to keeo re installing by hand!!!

Upvote 0
Is the new build (0521) supposed to be on Rom Manager? I can't seem to find it. Sorry if this has already been talked about.

go here CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android and download it to your pc and just transfer it to your sd card, or you can use your wifi on the phone and use your browser and download it straight to the phone.

Reactions: mkakemon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones