• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

That is the exact issue about the wifi, I have that same mac address you listed and she does also while running cm7. If I change hers back to stock metro she gets her own mac address back but if I switch her back to cm7 then she has the same mac address we all seem to get. I also agree router settings cant fix this problem. I have two friends at work that want me to put cm7 on their ascends. Then we would have to take turns using the wifi so i wont update their phones until a fix is found for this issue

Upvote 0
That is the exact issue about the wifi, I have that same mac address you listed and she does also while running cm7. If I change hers back to stock metro she gets her own mac address back but if I switch her back to cm7 then she has the same mac address we all seem to get. I also agree router settings cant fix this problem. I have two friends at work that want me to put cm7 on their ascends. Then we would have to take turns using the wifi so i wont update their phones until a fix is found for this issue

I have only one phone, and I am having the same wifi issues. So in my case its not a mac address problem. Never had a problem with past builds. Hopefully isaacj87will find a fix when he has time. Other than the wifi problem CM7 works great on my phone. Thanks isaacj87!

Upvote 0

Ya sucks, Still working on it myself too. Tried Apps, none seem to works. There are 2 I found designed too, "Wifi Mac Address" and "Set Mac Address" Neither work.

Making Terminal Super User, and setting it manually through Busybox commands don't seem to work either. Turns back "Dev" Duplicate or garbage.

Busybox ip link set eth0 address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Busybox ip link set eth0 broadcast XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
(x's being my Mac addr.) - nothin

tried the ifconfig method as well. notta.:(

Upvote 0
That would be awesome.:D

yeppers, keep fingers cross!!!

I would just like to thank isaac and anyone else involved with the production of cm7, I've been running build 0521 since it was released, with zero problems, I love everything about it. It's like having a new phone. Again, THANK YOU for everything, keep up the great work.

Yes, a very big thanks to the devs and all there time spent building everyone a new rom so we can keep up with the rest of better androids on the market from other carriers.:)

Upvote 0
Well I went to starbucks and redownloaded CM7+Gapps+MetroOff and even CM6+Gapps but still my phone keeps getting stuck and the red+black ascend screen for CM7 and the huawei screen for CM6 the downloads went smoothly and I followed everything step by step but still nothing I guess my phone only leT.bblikes Icarua haha idk why its not taking hmmm then I tried taking put the SDCard but its still the same I used CWM2.5 I guess I need to get a new ascend I used Astro to move the files to my main SDCard page so I skipped the computer did I do something wrong? Hmmm well on to save money for a new ascend lol unless someone knows why its doing this than ill rethink it and try again :)
Many thanks my friends

Upvote 0
Well I went to starbucks and redownloaded CM7+Gapps+MetroOff and even CM6+Gapps but still my phone keeps getting stuck and the red+black ascend screen for CM7 and the huawei screen for CM6 the downloads went smoothly and I followed everything step by step but still nothing I guess my phone only leT.bblikes Icarua haha idk why its not taking hmmm then I tried taking put the SDCard but its still the same I used CWM2.5 I guess I need to get a new ascend I used Astro to move the files to my main SDCard page so I skipped the computer did I do something wrong? Hmmm well on to save money for a new ascend lol unless someone knows why its doing this than ill rethink it and try again :)
Many thanks my friends

sounds like the ascend wants to be lazy, but never hurts to try again, but everything has to be perfect for the lazy ascends, try this method, flash only cm7 without flashing gapps, or metro, wait 10 minutes and if it seems to be stuck and not loading nothing reflash and flashing just the cm7 and gapps, scroll to advance and hit fix permissions. Btw lets confirm the size of the files you have, post them and ill check mines to confirm and ill post it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones