[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 | Last Version: CM7-Triumph-09182011 (discontinued)

1. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages (bricking/phone ruining) occurred while flashing or using this ROM. By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk! ​

SPECIAL NOTE:
    Here's why I'm discontinuing my builds: http://androidforums.com/3232997-post400.html

What works:

- RIL/3G
    - Sound
    - A2DP
    - DSP Manager
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooh
    - Keymapping
    - EGL/GPU (this was a big thing for me)
    - LED/Button lights
    - Screen rotate/orientation
    - Touchscreen with multitouch
    - USB mounting
    - CRT screen off animation
    - Vibrate
    - Ambient light sensors
    - Proximity sensors

What partially works
    :

- Camera (rear-facing only)

What doesn't work
    :

- Front-facing camera
    - GPS

Known issues:

- The same issues that plague Tickerguy's builds. We're building from the same source.

Credits:

I owe a great deal to Tickerguy (https://github.com/tickerguy). Not only as he picked up the CM7-Triumph project where I left off, he's been kind enough to keep me in the loop as he continues to work on it. Admittedly, Tickerguy's experience and knowledge far exceeds my own and I've learned a great deal from him. He got radio, audio, MMS, camera, and many other things working. Essentially, all the things I couldn't figure out, he did.

I also owe thanks to DooMLoRD for letting me use his awesome OC kernel patch.

Recovery:

I also have my own CWM port for the Triumph. Since I got everything working, it's been running like a champ. I've themed it a bit to make it unique, but it's still Clockwork recovery at its core. I've currently put this up (minus the custom colors and graphics) for review to be included in ROM Manager. You can watch its progress here: http://github.com/koush/ROMManagerManifest/issues/311

The keymapping in my recovery is:

- Volume up/down to navigate
    - Menu to select
    - Back to go backwards

Downloads:

Recovery:

Current:

CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5: recovery-cwm-4.0.1.5-triumph.zip

Code (Text):
    1. md5sum: 42db96437e9a30c38f56a94bd40d6325
    Old:

ikarosCWM Recovery v4.0.1.4:
    recovery-ikarosCWM-4.0.1.4-triumph.zip

ROM:

Current:

CM7-Triumph-09182011: CM7-Triumph-09182011-signed.zip

Code (Text):
    1. md5sum: b380624586b0543b878b9eee8239903e

Old:

Alpha preview build 1 (08122011):
    update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Triumph-KANG-signed.zip

GAPPS:

Latest Version:
    Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki

Installation:

(ALWAYS MAKE NANDROID BACKUPS TO BE SAFE!!)

• Download ROM and GAPPS packages and place them in the main folder of your SDcard
    • Install my custom recovery
    • Power off phone and boot into recovery mode
    • Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"
    • Navigate to "mounts and storage"
    • Choose "format /system"
    • Go back to main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" then, "choose zip from sdcard"
    • Navigate to the ROM package and install it.
    • Again, go back to main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" then, "choose zip from sdcard"
    • Flash the GAPPS package.
    • Once it finishes, go back to the main menu and reboot.

NOTE:
    The GAPPS package is necessary to complete the Android experience (it contains the Market, among other things).

NOTE:
    First boot will take some time. Once you get to the CM7 boot splash, you're golden.

Advertisement
    sharpe351, LamaZ, jdt265 and 25 others like this.
  2. isaacj87

3. isaacj87

Changelog:

09182011 - Caught up with Tickerguy's build. Added OC up to 1.9 GHz and ext4 support to the kernel. Moved CM7-Triumph over to ext4. Starting working on my own launcher. Ported the Nexus S LWP over. Picked up Tickerguy's fixes my LED module. Sync'ed with CM upstream.
    BlackGravity and bradhoschar like this.
  4. rockneo

rockneo Well-Known Member

-squeels- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Can't wait until it's a fully functional rom.
  5. pre

pre Member

Excellent news, Isaac.

Thanks much for your weeks of dedication and hard work. With all the poor connectivity/inability to call or use data issues I've been having, your development efforts and a future Motorola kernel release give me hope that the Triumph will be usable -- and be more than just a media player!
  6. isaacj87

LOL, It seems I've fallen victim to some of the quality issues the Triumph suffers. I guess I have to exchange the phone.
    bradhoschar likes this.
  7. bludd

bludd Well-Known Member

lol, just curious what happened with yours.
  8. isaacj87

Not anything to do with CM7. This started happening on the stock ROM. I shouldn't of even mentioned it on this thread as I don't want it to get off-topic.

EDIT: Problem doesn't occur in CM7.
    bradhoschar likes this.
  9. StaticMaal

StaticMaal Well-Known Member

I cant get mine pass the Motorola symbol i waited like 20 mins and followed every step. Doing a nandroid restore now hopefully i dont have any problems.
    Can yall help me if you dont mind?

Nevermind i got it now sorry.
  10. isaacj87

Sounds like a bad flash. Did you have the USB cable plugged in? If so, try it again without the cable plugged in.

Are you using my recovery as well?
    bradhoschar and StaticMaal like this.
  11. wsimon

wsimon Well-Known Member

Yay!! Thanks Isaac! Its working for me.
  12. isaacj87

Nice, have you ever ran CM7 before? I got kind of freaked out when the boot animation guy flew across the screen. I didn't expect it to be so fast. haha.
    bradhoschar likes this.
  13. 3rdStrike

3rdStrike New Member

Just wanted to express my gratitude on this development. Great start Isaac tested out your work and everything is coming along nicely, i have since reverted back to my factory settings and eagerly await further releases/updates.
  14. lanceg

lanceg Well-Known Member

This is really why we need a custom ROM. at this point, no one knows for sure of any of the issues with the Triumph are hardware or software based. The only certain hardware problem would be the bad screen, but the GPS, cell reception, the usb mounting, the camera focus, the battery, any of those could be software that a functioning CM7 would fix.

/me site patiently and waits for the motorola source to be released ...
  15. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

you guys are in good hands with Isaac, he did wonders for the Huawei Ascend w/CM7. so give him time to work out the kinx, if he did it with the Ascend, this would be a walk in the park for him. just on knowing he is building CM7 for this phone would make me consider switching;)
  16. tgpraveen

tgpraveen Well-Known Member

To someone who flashes this please make some videos and post to Youtube. Start your video from like pressing the power button to turn on the phone from switched off state and showing speed, features, apps etc.
    Thanks.
  17. pre

pre Member

If custom ROMs can repair the reception and GPS, that would be fantastic news. Hopefully BB/Target will still sale promotions then :)
  18. wsimon

wsimon Well-Known Member

Nope first time I have tried cm7. I love it- can't wait till the kinks are all worked out. I also was able to get the version from your repo built and I booted from it fine.
  19. bradhoschar

bradhoschar Well-Known Member

First off, Let me just say, I am blown away by all the work that you do. You are some kind of hero to me! Now, I must say, that virgin mobile should have never released this phone with Froyo....Gingerbread is in and 2.2 is sooooo 2010!
    Very great work and hope to collaborate with you someday!
  20. yemins

yemins New Member

hey guys i just had a question about isaacs cwm... would someone be able to flash a zip such as a custom boot animation using it? ive tried several and i seem to get the same error every time "finding update package, opening update package, installing update, installation aborted".

edit- i forgot to mention that i wiped the dalvik cache and formatted /data, /cache and /system
  21. isaacj87

Turn off signature verification and asserts. If that doesn't work look at the log and see what's the real reason it won't flash.
  22. flobots204

flobots204 Active Member

Will you post updates of your progress?
  23. GaryMachete

GaryMachete Member

K so I flashed and unflashed this morning with no problems. Everyone needs to make sure they wipe cache, data, and dalvik cache for a clean boot. It was an extremely fast boot also. I didn't notice any response issues, its not an overclock kernal (but that's obvious) and I didn't benchmark it cuz I don't have an APk of linpack saved to my SD. DSP lmanger continuously forced closed, although I never tried To use it, or play music for that matter. Anyways Issac, u are seriously great I'm happy ur here to guide us along.
  24. isaacj87

Hey, since you're one of the people who are building CM7 from my sources, I pushed a hopeful fix for WIFI. If you can do this, rebuild and let me know if it works, I'd appreciate it. I don't have time today to try it myself.

Go into the android source and delete hardware/libhardware_legacy

Make clobber to clean up and repo sync -j16 to get everything new as usual.

Then rebuild like this:

Code (Text):
    1. . build/envsetup.sh && USE_LAUNCHER2=true brunch triumph
    I've modified their source to allow building the original GB Launcher2 over ADW. I would send the patch up for review, but they've already rejected it so many times from others. I'm not sure why. In any case, let me know if wifi starts magically working. :)

EDIT: BTW, the Spice kernel wasn't helping anything. I removed it and the keymapping should be fixed now.
  25. StaticMaal

StaticMaal Well-Known Member

Hey isacc if i copy the system folder from the gingerbread update and put it in your rom will the wifi work. Well i really want the apps and widgets from the gingerbread update. And do you know which file is keeping the gingerbread update GSM instead of CDMA.