Rom With Best Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. chosendude

chosendude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i love that my phone is rooted, but i also love a great battery even more. So what i am wondering is, what do you feel is the ROM with the best battery life with what kernel.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. dew912

dew912 Well-Known Member

3. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

I have heard good things about the Simply Stunning rom which you can read about here.

4. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Charity and Simply Stunning seem to have the best battery for me. CM is also pretty good.

5. linuxmel

linuxmel Well-Known Member

6. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

I am tethering on Charity right now. Also best battery life for me.

7. linuxmel

linuxmel Well-Known Member

8. chosendude

chosendude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the rom dew. I think my battery life, somehow, increased almost 50%. It was exactly what i was looking for!

9. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

BB . 05 had me going 2 days with regular use back when I used BB....

I'm going to check out charity though.

:)

10. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

best battery life for my droid is hands down ss 4.9! and everything works! no compromises with this one:)

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

While an older version, the best battery life I've gotten, by far, was on LFY 1.7. Really has been the best ROM I've had on my Droid. The newer builds haven't been as stable or had quite as good battery life on my Droid.

12. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Everyone here is giving their own opinion - but you have asked a very subjective question.

battery life is going to differ due to many different factors - your usage, your background services that actively run for monitoring things (like Locale), how hard the phone has to work to access towers, whether you are using BT or not (and if it is on and trying to connect), whether you use WiFi or not and if it is on and scanning, that apps that you use themselves, the brightness of your screen when in use, and so many other factors.

It is best if *you* check out what works for you.

13. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member

I certainly agree that it depends on the user, but I do have some questions.

I have just rooted my phone for the first time about a week ago and I've tried several different ROMs and a few different kernels. I'm currently running LFY 1.95 (with the Revo theme) and chevyno1 ulv 1.2 kernel. I ABSOLUTELY love this ROM and this theme but my battery life is sickening. I know it has to be something I've done wrong. I unplug it at full charge and leave it sitting idle and it's down to 5% battery life within 4 1/2 hours. No joke. The most bizarre thing I've ever seen is that I can talk on the phone and get more life out of the battery than I can with it sitting idle. Again, I'm not joking or exaggerating.

When I view my battery statistics it says that 82% (sometimes more) is going to com.android.email. I only have my Gmail and my work's exchange mail set up on my phone. With the stock ROM I had both email accounts set up for Push and my phone would last nearly 24 hours; and I'm somewhat of a heavy user. Now, even with my work email changed to only check once an hour, I still can only get 4 1/2 hours or so out of my battery. Again, that's with me not touching it at all.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something about the email that maybe it's connecting to the internet when it checks email and then not terminating the connection? I know windows phones used to have that problem.

ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits end and I really want to keep this ROM and theme. What can I do to improve it?

14. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I answered your post in the LFY thread, but now that I know that you are using the 1.2 GHz kernel, here's something to think about:

Your kernel is basically a 50% Overclock from the stock Froyo kernel (800 MHz) and a 118% overclock from the pre-froyo stock kernel (2.0-2.1.x, at 550 MHz) so you have to expect that your battery life is gonna hurt. However, since you're complaining about 4 hours, and you're not interacting with the phone, I have to ask this - did you change any settings on the phone, using Liquid's app, especially in terms of the kernel settings?

15. Picaso86

Picaso86 Well-Known Member

I am still using UD 8 so far is the best for my DROID. stock kernel. :)

16. jzbode

jzbode Member

Ultimate Droid 2.1 with chevy's 1.2ghz ulv kernal has my phone going 2 days with normal use. best battery life i've had so far.