ROM with vanilla dialer?

Last Updated:

1. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hoping y'all can help.... My husband just rooted my phone for me and I'm looking for a ROM that has the vanilla (I think that's what it's called) dialer. One of my main motivations for going root was to get rid of the awful HTC dialer. I know there are few ROMs out there that use DialerOne as a default but I'm looking for something more like the moto droid or the other vanilla ROMs I've seen. A few people are running WhiteWidow ROM but it looks like that one's been taken down for now. Any suggestions???? Links?

Thx in advance.

Advertisement
  2. chaos0422

chaos0422 Well-Known Member

Pure vanilla I think I don't think it Oct though if that makes a difference

3. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry chaos, I don't understand...

4. chaos0422

chaos0422 Well-Known Member

Sorry big fingers little keys... I was saying I think pure vanilla has it. I don't think its been overclocked yet if that makes a difference

5. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

This is where you will want to start looking for a Vanilla ROM with Vanilla Dialer.
    Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers

I would recommend Senseless or CyanogenEris 1.1 both by dev Framework43. They are both in the same post. CyanogenEris 1.1 has overclock and Senseless does not. Read through the post before flashing.

There also others like Ic3Rom and Pure Eris, but start with the XDA Eris Development Forum. That is best place to look for ROMs.

Most of the Vanilla ROMs are in the early stages of development. I would say they are all at about 90-95% functionality, just missing little pieces like Wi-Fi, Facebook sync, or some other feature. Again, just read through the posts for issues and fixes as many have quick fixes for issues.

6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

You can grab the apk from any ROM that has it and then push it to your current ROM. This way, if you have a fav but it doesnt have that dialer, it can now.

7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

8. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Download the ROM. Open the zip and go to system/app and look for the file called Phone.apk. Just extract that file and then push it to /system/app on your phone. That should work. I could be wrong about the file name. But im pretty sure that is it.

9. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

I don't think you can adb push the AOSP/Vanilla dialer to just any Eris ROM. My understanding is that there is either kernel or framework conflicts with ones that have any Sense left in it. The short is that the remaining "Sense" in any Eris based ROM is the conflict.

There are several Hero C ROMs along with the new Senseless and CyanogenEris ROMs that are able to except the dialer because they are based off of the AOSP base.

This is my understanding of it anyway. I could be wrong though. I think there was some talk about why it wouldn't work in the TaintedVanilla thread on XDA.

Also I think there are a couple of other .apks that go along with the Phone.apk for it to work.