rom woes

1. gra2316

gra2316 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any luck flashing a stable ROM yet. I've tried about a half dozen out of the sticky and all have been pretty buggy

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I've had some bad luck lately as well. I ran Codename for a while but then 3.5 really made mine laggy and ate battery really bad. I flashed AOKP B3 and it ran great so that's what I'm currently running.
  3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

I have yet to really hear of anything out there that makes me want to change from the stock ROM. A few interesting ROMs floating around but stock on this device is so perfect already.
  4. gra2316

gra2316 Well-Known Member

Yea I jumped back finally after trying quite a few. I'm not at all used to being totally content with stock devices. I really am great full. Seems development has slowed down as well.
  5. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

finally took the plunge to root. and i went with AOKP build-3.

i'm loving it so far. everything running super buttery now. a very noticeable improvement from my end.
  6. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Check rootz and xda. There's tons of mods and ROMs for this thing. You just gotta be prepared to mess stuff up and be sure you have a nandroid.
  7. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

I've gone through 6-7 different ROMs. Always restored my Nandroid shortly afterwards. Played with them, checked out different options. Always go back to my stock rooted motley kernel config. Now with 4.1.2 will need only the motley kernel updated and will stick with it. Might try other ROMs when the are updated with the 4.1.2.

My main issue with custom ROMs are the deodexing. The deodex gives advantage of easy theming and app customization, but memory suffers (far less free memory, far fewer apps open at same time) and I find myself having to close apps rather than put them in the background for easy access. If I don't that's when my N7 starts lagging.

Rootbrain