1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rom zero 1.0General

1. asadullah

asadullah Well-Known Member

This thread is deprecated go here for the final

Advertisement
    :
    reilus, Destundead, joneidy and 2 others like this.
  2. MHeat

MHeat Member

can you elaborate on this please? you mean we need to use lgnpst in recovery mode and flash the phone with this new ROM???
    what are the benefits of using this rom vs a regular stock rom?

thanks for the answer.
  3. asadullah

Okay basically this is a stock rom that you flash through the custom recovery (make sure to thank getitnowmarketing and andyo70). Place this on your sdcard and go into the custom recovery and flash away. You may have to rename the zip to update zip. my beta tester is off and away :D
  4. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

No I'm not. I'm right here. :p

I'll test it in a bit.
  5. andyo70

Flashed. Does not give root access when starting adb shell. Had to reroot with z4root.
  6. asadullah

Good to know i,ve got an update zip that fixes it. Im at school and will be home around ten eastern time. So im on my phone till then. Ive also got a boot.img as well.

What are the top five or so apps everyone wants me to remove?

Thanks again andy
  7. andyo70

You're welcome.

That's a tough one. Some people may want things others don't.

I'd personally say definitely:

MobilePosse.apk - MyExtras

SNS.apk - LG Facebook and Twitter app (The ones for download in Android Market are better and have more features)

UNO_DEMO_LG_MS690_EN_NONIGP_MetroPCs_TS_307.apk - UNO Game Demo

Email.apk - Email app (Gmail is already installed as well, but the Email.apk I believe allows you to setup email for providers that don't have their own separate apps)
  8. asadullah

yeah i can definitey remove those. i also wanna get rid of that damn bootanimation everytime my girl would restart her phone i had to hear it.
  9. andyo70

Thats not the bootanimation. That the splashscreen. Boot animation is the animation after splash that doesn't make noise and displays an animated android logo.
  10. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

I would keep the email app. I have SEVERAL email addresses. I use gmail of course, but the email app could be useful.

MyExtras -- the only thing extra seems to be ads.

UNO -- not free

Free Games -- not free.

OK, the ones I have bolded in black are the really annoying ones. :D There's EIGHT.
    fluttergirl378 likes this.
  11. richiedaze

richiedaze Well-Known Member

You could use my Code:Optimus-M_boot.imgOops, Will fix and post soon!

change log:
    - disabled the carrier splash screen and sound.
    - added /data/local/bin to the path.
    - added terminfo for nano editor.
    - added busybox's run-parts execution command at boot.
    - enabled ADB as ROOT
    - enabled Debug Mode
  12. andyo70

Still hitting a wall with the display dude. Flickering issue is still present.
  13. rancy

rancy Member

so this is the first rom i tho some else was doing the rom
  14. andyo70

No and yes. It a rom yes but it is just the stock one we already have on the Optimus M with root already enabled. There's no cosmetic modifications or anything yet. asadullah needs to fix it though as it does not in fact give you root.
  15. asadullah

just updated the first post with an update to flash after you flash the main rom.
  16. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Sorry about the silly question. How can I download the Optimus M custom recovery? It's password protected.
  17. asadullah

I just downloaded and extracted it no problem. didn't use a password or nothing :confused:

You went here
    reilus and danyvw like this.
  18. andyo70

He was trying to download the beta which was only made available to me for testing I believe. That file has now been made private, yes. You want the link asadullah just posted.
    danyvw likes this.
  19. asadullah

updated first post.
  20. richiedaze

richiedaze Well-Known Member

I wish I had this phone to try out this rom... Great job! Very well put together.
  21. asadullah

Thanks. Would be nice to have this phone as well
  22. andyo70

just tap on your girls shoulder and be like, "Hey look over there!" and YOINK! Now you have the phone. :p
    richiedaze likes this.
  23. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

On this weekend I will give it a try. Not today because I have a lot of work to do and need my Optimus working all day. Yesterday installed the recovery, the Beta Kernell and the stagefright. My Optimus is Flying!!!! I really appreciate all your good work. Thanx
  24. andyo70

Beta kernel should be fully tested and not referred to as beta any longer I suppose. LOL

The un-beta should be on this page: http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html#post2131137
  25. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member