ROM's, deodex and themes ?!?!?Support

Last Updated:

1. chkmate

chkmate Member This Topic's Starter

Ok...

Hope I'm in the right spot for this thread. Need support.

I have about 300 hours of reading in and I am still sitting with a Droid X, 2.2 OTA and no root. I know how to root with rootmyx2 1-click method, not an issue. Was rooted before 2.2 and didn't want any leaked versions.

I have every tool that I would ever need. Root Explorer, Titanium BU, ROM Manager and Droid X Recovery Bootstrap.

But I can't get a straight answer for what ROM's I can install with the 2.2 OTA and which ones deodex for me. I know the 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME will deodex for you but from what I read you have to have a ROM first. So confused.

I read FlyX has been put on the 2.2 w/out deodex and others say you need it first.

I'm just looking for the easiest step-by-step instructions to get set up for themes on a DX 2.2 Official 2.2 OTA.

Like I said I read and read and want to make sure things are as clear as can be.

Thanks to any who read this far, Hats off:)

Advertisement
  2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Check this out, I wanted to do this last week and asked for help and got some great information. It worked great with no problems.

You already have a ROM with the 2.2 OTA on your phone. If you want to try and new ROM, which I have after I did my first theme you would want to put that on first and then the theme because adding a ROM with overwrite your theme.

Hope this helps.

3. Kevmueller

4. chkmate

chkmate Member This Topic's Starter

5. Kevmueller

Correct, hook your X up to the computer copy the .zip file over your SD card (on the root of it) and then disconnect your X from the computer. Then you should be good to go.