• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROMs Froyo] Upgrade your Xperia X8 to Froyo 2.2

hi gabe,

it seems that the wifi is not working? what should i do?does the rom is stable?

Hi,

There has been some reports that the wifi is unstable...
My advice is to move on to GingerXperia v11. Froyo is a bit old and most developer are not support bug fixes for Froyo.

I have had good reports that everything is working fine with GingerXperia v11.

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Hello Gabeyong!

Firstly, want to say THANKS a lot for this post! i'm not at all a tech-savvy but i followed all your instructions and everything works fine.. can't believe my x8 could really work faster.. the only problem i encounter is I can't make the market work.. tried the full wipe too.. It only worked once. closed unexpectedly. I have 3.1.5 version of it...

Hope you can help me with it. Thanks a lot! =)

Upvote 0
Hello Gabeyong!

Firstly, want to say THANKS a lot for this post! i'm not at all a tech-savvy but i followed all your instructions and everything works fine.. can't believe my x8 could really work faster.. the only problem i encounter is I can't make the market work.. tried the full wipe too.. It only worked once. closed unexpectedly. I have 3.1.5 version of it...

Hope you can help me with it. Thanks a lot! =)

Hi,

Download and install the new version of Android Market

Android Market 3.1.3 apk

gabe

Upvote 0
hi, gabe

I have some problem when i want to upgrade my x8...
Please help me solve it~ ^^
When I want to backup and restore, I cant find the legend froyo, only have the backup... Did i do something wrong of it?? Can u let me know where can download the legend froyo file??

Hi,

the backup folder are stored in /xRecovery/backup
the folder is named by a date convention so it is a folder named something like <2011-10-06.21.01.23>
if it is not there you have not successfully done a backup.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi gabe...I'm new to this...
got a w8...so i thought of upgrading it to floyo 1.0
i did it successfully today..
but after half an hour...facing some real problems..

1. whenever i rotate the phone the screen freeze
2. cannot scroll down to choose ringtone in setting->sound...its stuck, or in any other options in the setting whenever i change orientation the screen freezes...same with the web browser...and home screen :-(
3. problem receiving calls...screen shows up delays 3-7 sec..
4 phone hangs...plz plz help me out..:'(
and sorry for the bad english..!!

Upvote 0
Hi gabe...I'm new to this...
got a w8...so i thought of upgrading it to floyo 1.0
i did it successfully today..
but after half an hour...facing some real problems..

1. whenever i rotate the phone the screen freeze
2. cannot scroll down to choose ringtone in setting->sound...its stuck, or in any other options in the setting whenever i change orientation the screen freezes...same with the web browser...and home screen :-(
3. problem receiving calls...screen shows up delays 3-7 sec..
4 phone hangs...plz plz help me out..:'(
and sorry for the bad english..!!

Hi,

I think X8 and W8 are similar... I don't own a W8 so I can only guess...
Most of the custom roms are made for the X8 with baseband 015.
So if you flash the X8 baseband 015 it will work better?

gabe

Reactions: taha ahmed
Upvote 0
Hi,

I think X8 and W8 are similar... I don't own a W8 so I can only guess...
Most of the custom roms are made for the X8 with baseband 015.
So if you flash the X8 baseband 015 it will work better?

gabe

Thanks a lot gabe for your reply...
I've tried every possible way...didn't work out for me...so what i did ->restored my phone to stock eclairs and done upgrading to froyobread v023b...
Working awesome..smooth+fast...I'm loving it...no bugs, laggs so far..
but just one prob...this new version of android market isn't working smooth, i mean takes the hell lot of time to loada page...maybe i guess its built for 3g users...its comparatively too slow....sometimes it says starting download...but it never starts...
It wasn't working the first time either...i tried uninstalling its updates...finally working but too slow...
is there a way i can get back that old version of market which i had in eclairs 2.1...???plz help me...
Thanks in advance..

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot gabe for your reply...
I've tried every possible way...didn't work out for me...so what i did ->restored my phone to stock eclairs and done upgrading to froyobread v023b...
Working awesome..smooth+fast...I'm loving it...no bugs, laggs so far..
but just one prob...this new version of android market isn't working smooth, i mean takes the hell lot of time to loada page...maybe i guess its built for 3g users...its comparatively too slow....sometimes it says starting download...but it never starts...
It wasn't working the first time either...i tried uninstalling its updates...finally working but too slow...
is there a way i can get back that old version of market which i had in eclairs 2.1...???plz help me...
Thanks in advance..

hi,

Froyo Android Market can be downloaded here <---

gabe

Upvote 0
hi gabe, i need to ask u something...
like today i was trying to upgrade my phone to kuyaDROID, though both froyobread and kuyadroid are stable roms...but the reason behind this upgrade is kuyadroid has inbuilt overclock, undervold and gesture modules...and it has smooth scrooling, smoother than froyobread...
but while installing it it says update ur baseband to xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx015...but i already have it...:( why???
so can u plzzzzz help me out...any compatible overclock, undervolt,gesture modules for my froyobread v023b...i'll stick to froyobread...its a damn good rom..
thanks in advance..:)

Upvote 0
hi gabe, i need to ask u something...
like today i was trying to upgrade my phone to kuyaDROID, though both froyobread and kuyadroid are stable roms...but the reason behind this upgrade is kuyadroid has inbuilt overclock, undervold and gesture modules...and it has smooth scrooling, smoother than froyobread...
but while installing it it says update ur baseband to xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx015...but i already have it...:( why???
so can u plzzzzz help me out...any compatible overclock, undervolt,gesture modules for my froyobread v023b...i'll stick to froyobread...its a damn good rom..
thanks in advance..:)

Hi,

FroyoBread | v023b FINAL | 27-07-11 Features:
Clean stock CM6: Smoothness. Stability. Working Camera.
Minimal number of apps are installed. This brings you the choice to install and use only what you want.
Lightweight: I got maximum 107MB of free RAM.
My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001
The usual things with other ROMs: wifi / bluetooth / usb / sensors / 3d / video / camera / rooted / jit / zipaligned / app2sd / ...
Gingerbread's theme with some improvements
Gingerbread's CRT screen on/off animation
CM7's Edge Glow effect.
CM7's Froyo/Rotary/Revamped/Lense lockscreen
Random lockscreen
Gingerbread's cursor handler
Gingerbread's improved copy/paste

only overclock is missing... because it was found to be unstable with this custom rom.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

FroyoBread | v023b FINAL | 27-07-11 Features:
Clean stock CM6: Smoothness. Stability. Working Camera.
Minimal number of apps are installed. This brings you the choice to install and use only what you want.
Lightweight: I got maximum 107MB of free RAM.
My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001
The usual things with other ROMs: wifi / bluetooth / usb / sensors / 3d / video / camera / rooted / jit / zipaligned / app2sd / ...
Gingerbread's theme with some improvements
Gingerbread's CRT screen on/off animation
CM7's Edge Glow effect.
CM7's Froyo/Rotary/Revamped/Lense lockscreen
Random lockscreen
Gingerbread's cursor handler
Gingerbread's improved copy/paste

only overclock is missing... because it was found to be unstable with this custom rom.

gabe

thanks a lot gabe for this info...it helped me a lot...
I've found out that my device support cypress instead of synaptic...so i found a thread on it..[Module] | X8 only | AX8MT v005 | Dual touch for Cypress touchpad - xda-developers
just as directed i downloaded ax8mt.ko multi-touch file...pushed it in system/lib/modules..
run the following code insmod /system/lib/modules/ax8mt.ko, and boy was i surprised, it worked...even after reboot...m so damn happy..:D

I just wanna ask you something...shall i install undervolt too or is it sufficient enough for my device for now..??
and yeah i have x8mddi module in my system but i donno its ver. shall i upgrade it or leave it be...???

help..!!
Thanks a lot in advance buddy..:D
and sorry for my bad punctuation :p

Upvote 0
thanks a lot gabe for this info...it helped me a lot...
I've found out that my device support cypress instead of synaptic...so i found a thread on it..[Module] | X8 only | AX8MT v005 | Dual touch for Cypress touchpad - xda-developers
just as directed i downloaded ax8mt.ko multi-touch file...pushed it in system/lib/modules..
run the following code insmod /system/lib/modules/ax8mt.ko, and boy was i surprised, it worked...even after reboot...m so damn happy..:D

I just wanna ask you something...shall i install undervolt too or is it sufficient enough for my device for now..??
and yeah i have x8mddi module in my system but i donno its ver. shall i upgrade it or leave it be...???

help..!!
Thanks a lot in advance buddy..:D
and sorry for my bad punctuation :p

Hi,

undervolt is already included... go to <cynogenmod settings> to have a look.

gabe

Upvote 0
Boss..help me..i jus follow your guide,finally i change my ROM..but...how to find back my application?My Application in my SDcard..is that i need format my SDcard Then reinstall again all de apk...Include Link2sd...

Hi,

You have to re-install all your apps since you have upgraded your ROM.
you do not need to use Link2SD any more just reformat using your phone.

check that you have enabled apps move to SD Card
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application> select <Allow application moving>
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application><Install location><automatic>

gabe

Reactions: stupidho
Upvote 0
hey, I have successfully installed the froyo and I am a proud owner of an X8 with 2.2 but lately I have noticed that my phone got rebooted a couple of times. Can anybody tell me what has gone wrong please... I am worried

Hi,

No worries... It will be more stable if you use it more often.
Also it is good to install an app called "Android Booster" from Market [It's free]
It has the ability to tune and optimize your phone.

gabe

Reactions: rohitmitra
Upvote 0
hi,
i am new to rooting and installing rom..
i just installed floyo 1.0 rom on my xperia x8 and by doing this my phone set much slower and android market, facebook, maps all the apps get force closed..
pls help me to solve this problem..
or there is any other mor stable rom for xperia x8..

hi,

look for gingerbread CM7 roms.
like GingerDX or GingerXperia & follow the instructions

gabe

Upvote 0
i dont know if anyone will be able to help me but when i updated to Floyo by Racht n then the floyobread update i had some problems with the web based apps i.e. market, browser, fb, google. i had no idea how to fix so i decided to downgrade back to the original that would be the 2.1 using the factory reset in xRecovery....and then re-upgrade bak to the floyo and then floyobread. it factory reset went ok...it reset the phone n everything but when i try to re-upgrade to the floyo i keep getting "MD5 Mismatch"....i read that when copying files to your sd card having the USB debugging turned on can cause problems so i turned it off n tried again but to no avail. i know this forum is a bit old but hopefully someone can help me. Thank You in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones