• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROMs Froyo] Upgrade your Xperia X8 to Froyo 2.2

Hi gabe (and all the rest),
I have an Xperia X8 but the baseband version ends up in 006. As you said the phone started boot looping at the hackdroid logo. I made a backup of my default ANDROID ECLAIR 2.1.1 with the xRecovery tool and then restored it. However, after the restoration, after boot no PIN was prompted for my SIM card. It turns out that I have no network coverage - the phone's main function - giving and receiving calls is corrupted. When I go to mobile networks, it simply says - ''The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly" Moreover, it also says baseband version - UNKNOWN. Can this be the problem? Or can you give me any guidelines what to do in order to restore that essential functionality of giving and receiving calls? Thank you very much in advance.
Regards: George

Hi,

If you want to use custom rom
download flashtool to root, flash baseband 015 and install the custom rom.

follow this guide here...

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Thank you, Gabe! I managed to revert back to the default firmware and ROM and then re-did the whole process. However, I have two major problems with the Froyo ROM and I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with any advice/recommendations:

1)I have successfully backed up my contacts, sms msg-s and apps from the 2.1 ROM. However, I can not restore those contacts, apps, etc in the Froyo ROM. Froyo does not seem to have a default Backup & Restore program and that is why I tried with Eclair's backup and restore program, but Froyo does not like this version, it is not compatible. Is there another program which can help me restore my Eclair's backup into the Froyo ROM ?

2)After starting the Froyo ROM, the system runs really slowly. Without any running apps, the CPU works at 550-600MHz (its max frequency). Also the RAM usage is really high - 150-160MB out of 180MB. Is such resource consumption normal ? Can I do sth (such as tasks killing or sth else) in order to minimize the resources consumption? I would also like to try Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Since this is a higher version, would that mean that this ROM would run even slower. I read that 2.2 and 2.3 offer really fast performance but that slow performance of 2.1 really surpises me. Thus, is there any point in trying 2.3 or it will completelely stall my phone ?

Sry for the dummy questions. Look forward to hearing from you
Regards:
George =]

Upvote 0
Thank you, Gabe! I managed to revert back to the default firmware and ROM and then re-did the whole process. However, I have two major problems with the Froyo ROM and I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with any advice/recommendations:

[edited...]

Sry for the dummy questions. Look forward to hearing from you
Regards:
George =]

Hi,

1) try titanium backup
2) try GingerDX v22

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
hi gabeyong,
i've some question to ask.
now, im using gingerDX v21, android ver 2.3.7, baseband ver xxxx015,
kernel ver 2.6.29...., build number v021.

the question is,the problem is, this gingerdx v21 is not detected my sd card.
let say, i want to i want to install the froyo to my w8 phone. the card is not detected, so how can i want copy the froyo to my sd card ? im do know how to do this, i hope you can solve my problem,

shahjoeyy :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones