• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROMs Froyo] Upgrade your Xperia X8 to Froyo 2.2

Hi,
When I load Racht 0.2 Floyo on my X8 I cannot access the Internet through O2, It says Web Page Not available, It works on Wi-Fi but not on 2G or 3G with O2.
However everything else appears to work perfectly. Most Frustrating.
Does any one have any suggestions please?

Hi,

A couple of things to check...

1) go to <settings><wireless & network networks><Access Point Names> check if O2's APN for internet and MMS is present.

e.g. if you are on the Orange you will see -->
Orange UK [APN=orangeinternet]
Orange MMS [APN=orangemms]

If not to add APN --> go to <settings><wireless & network networks><Access Point Names> click the menu button [i.e. the left hardware button on your Xperia X8] and add your O2 network APNs - if you don't know what O2's network APN is then give the network a call and ask.

Did you remember to enable your data networks?
2) go to <settings><wireless & network networks>and select <data enable>

cheers :)

Upvote 0
Hi all
I just wondered if anyone might be able to help me.
I've recently upgraded to floyo v 0. 20. Everything is fine apart from one thing, every time I try to use camera or music I get a message. Android.process.media fail and it forces. Close. The Rom is fantastic apart from this and its ruining it!
can anyone help?
plus when I try radio it plays thru speakers not headset and I can't get my ringtones or notifications to make a sound ? !?

Upvote 0
hey mr gabeyong! i have formatted my sd card for my app2sd (ext & fat).. do i have to reformat it before updating to this rom? how about my installed apps then??

Hi,

Yes, You have to reformat your SD Card to 1 partition (FAT32)
Yes, you have to reinstall all your apps again unless you use titanium backup pro. if yes, just restore your last titanium backup pro image.

Upvote 0
I feel weird asking this since no one else seems to have the same problem. When I go to restore in my xRecovery, it says 'Cannot open directory. No file found.' or something similar. I connect my phone again and the Floyo folder is there, why can't the xRecovery find anything(not even the one I backed up which shows on the computer)?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yes, You have to reformat your SD Card to 1 partition (FAT32)
Yes, you have to reinstall all your apps again unless you use titanium backup pro. if yes, just restore your last titanium backup pro image.

should i do the update first or reformat my sdcard first? do i need to uninstall my app2sd? i'm asking this because the when i inserted my 8gb sdcard(no partition) my phone just boots up to the se logo only. i suspected it doesnt boot because it can't find the app2sd partition that i had with my old memory card. the phone boots normally when i insert my old sdcard(with fat & ext partition). hope you can answer my questions..

Upvote 0
should i do the update first or reformat my sdcard first? do i need to uninstall my app2sd? i'm asking this because the when i inserted my 8gb sdcard(no partition) my phone just boots up to the se logo only. i suspected it doesnt boot because it can't find the app2sd partition that i had with my old memory card. the phone boots normally when i insert my old sdcard(with fat & ext partition). hope you can answer my questions..

1) Your phone should be Rooted and xRecovery v0.1 installed
2) Format your SD card to FAT32 (1 partition)
3) Copy <floyo-0.2> folder to the sd card
4) <reboot> enter xRecovery <flash> floyo-0.2

Reactions: biefvi
Upvote 0
i'd tried reflash already but still the same. i also try to flash cm7 v65 but the problem still the same...

repair your phone using PC Companion to Android Eclair 2.1.1.A.0.6
check that your Baseband ending with ...015

I am guessing that you have not rooted your phone successfully.
That's why you are stuck at Hackdroid logo

Upvote 0
repair your phone using PC Companion to Android Eclair 2.1.1.A.0.6
check that your Baseband ending with ...015

I am guessing that you have not rooted your phone successfully.
That's why you are stuck at Hackdroid logo

i think i got no problem with rooting as i can flash to froyo legend 0.5 with no problem with loop boot... yesterday i already flash my baseband using x10flasher and using X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_015 as my firmwares. i've waited around 2 hours to complete the flash but still, the number does't change...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones