ROMs post 2.2 release?

Last Updated:

1. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I already rooted my phone and I am considering upgrading to 2.2 using one of the available cooked roms but it seems that a lot of people are just using these roms to hold them over until the official 2.2 release. I'm curious about how the development of 2.2 roms will work after froyo comes out officially. Will people still be working on new roms to fix bugs in the 2.2 release or to make it better (ie fixing bt issues). I'm just trying to decide if I should do unrevoked forever or just wait for the 2.2 release which should be out soon enough. Also, are the roms that are out already using the leaked 2.2 or are they using the 2.2 incredible source code which I believe was already released? Or a mix of both? And if I sound like an idiot it may be because I am lol.

Advertisement
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

It's a near certainty that post-2.2 I'll be using whatever the best Vanilla ROM is.

Keep in mind that, strictly speaking, 2.2 has been released. Just Verizon hasn't shot it toward the Inc.

3. flippedout

flippedout Member

I just looked at SkyRaider's latest post and it mentions a version 3.0 of his ROM (obviously this is not gingerbread) so it is pretty clear the devs are still working/tweaking/etc. the ROMs.

Question: If I've used Unrevoked Forever, can I not install the update once pushed from Verizon? I don't really care to because the SkyRaider ROM has been excellent so far and I like of the features of it.

4. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

i would guess that once the official 2.2 for the incredible is released, one of the devs will take it, make it root-safe, and put it into ROM form so all we will need to do is flash it. that's just my guess, though...

5. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I just want the official/final 2.2 rom deodexed and that is what I will be using untill someone comes out with a super duper enhanced version that improves upon that.