roms won't install

Last Updated:

1. Ziost

Ziost Member This Topic's Starter

Everytime I try to install a rom through ROm Manager, after it boots into recovery and starts loading it it just keeps saying it cant mount and that the file isn't found over and over. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? If I try doing it through update.zip it acts like it's installing then just goes back to recovery without doing anything. I have an X and have had no problems modding that so I really don't know what the problem is.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Are you doing this on a Droid X or a Droid? Want to make sure that you're in the right forum. Also, you're not connected to the PC are you? The SD card may be mounted.

3. Ziost

I'm on a Droid; was just stating that I've never had problems with X. No, I'm not connected to a computer.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Have you tried installing the ROM through recovery (x+power) instead of ROM Manager? That procedure has never failed me.

5. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

what rom are you trying to install and how big is the file?

6. Ziost

Yeah, when I do that it acts like it's going to install but then just goes back to the main recovery screen

7. Ziost

I tried the newest Cyanogenmod and Bugless beast. Cyanogen seemed to install once but then just bootlooped at the load screen. That time I didn't wipe data. I'm not sure the file sizes

8. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

try to download the file again with your pc and load onto the root of your sd card then wipe/format data system cache and boot and do a factory reset. after you make a nandroid!

9. Ziost

i finally got it to work. After trying everything I could think of I just put the file on a different sd card and it worked perfectly. Not sure why it wouldn't mount considering it was reading the file off of the card. Thanks for the help/suggestions.