[ROOT] 2.3.6 Update

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Okay folks this should simplify things a lil with rooting this huge huge update.... lol IMO if you're on a nice ROM stick to it, not much changed in 2.3.4, 2.3.5, or 2.3.6, mainly stuff you dont see or feel, etc. Sammy or metro might have tossed some eye candy in to o0o0o n aww you so you dont notice what they broke or took away. ;)

This installs the current su binary and the Superuser.apk mrpnut had uploaded and proven to work by kidallstar & crew.

Now this is real simple, have CWM installed, flash the the linked zip and reboot. ;)

Instructions

1. Download zip
    2. Copy zip to your sdcard
    3. Boot to CWMR
    4. Install zip from sdcard
    5. Select zip from sdcard
    6. Confirm
    7. Reboot
    People to thank

Chainfire - for his Supersu binary and Superuser.apk, and for the zip itself. ;)
    koush - for his kickass recovery!!!!
    SuigintouLain - for his CWM build for ODIN.
    The Android Community - the reason we (Devs) do all this!! ;)

Downloads

Admire-2.3.6-Root.zip

Advertisement
  2. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

i assume this is the right way to root the new update :) the other one seemed too half assed to me
  3. PlayfulGod

No comment on the other one posted ;)

But seriously, I just thought it would be simpler with the zip installing both files verses install app, flash a old binary, boot, update old binary. I also changed up and used Supersu by Chainfire, which allows you to use his supersu app or the Superuser most of you know. If you would like to read more about Chainfire's supersu click here.

If they are any issues please let me know, so I can fix or correct them. ;)
  4. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

So this is new update 2.3.6 which cwm i can use 7 or 8
  5. PlayfulGod

hLoW and enigmadroid like this.
  6. adanmex

adanmex Well-Known Member

Sweet more threads about threads. But we need 1 more thread cuz 1 ain't enough sweet. Rad thread.kudos. On all your work.i mean help.
  7. PlayfulGod

lol thanks, I think. lol
  8. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

well i just tried this and it didnt work for me. i download superuser from the store and whenever i opened an app it didnt ask for root permission but it did open the apps in unroot mode :/ restoring back to 2.3.4 for now
  9. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

So after i'm done flashing the zip and rebooting what then?
  10. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

This dont work just with root check but not with superuser app dont work see if someone get this working
  11. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

12. ymcmbsalute

ymcmbsalute Well-Known Member

13. ymcmbsalute

ymcmbsalute Well-Known Member

Just tried this didn't work apps not even asking for root permissions. I downloaded root checker that said I still don't have root.
  14. gabyseverino1

gabyseverino1 Active Member

can somebody please work on a one click root...it will be appreciated
  15. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

mine is not working with the superuser app are we suppose to be using supersu app?

Installed supersu app and getting the following error message

"there is no su binary installed"

As far as I can tell when I install the root it goes thought no problem no errors.
  16. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

Anyone confirm working?
  17. puyow18

puyow18 Well-Known Member

should the superuser app be visible in the app drawer after the install through cwm? because i don't see it, and i'm not rooted after following the steps in the op. it looks like the zip file installs in cwm without problems, but that's as far as my progress goes.

i even tried the other members method out of desperation . . . still no dice.

any suggestions?
  18. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Guys, I've stickied this thread for you thanks to a kind heads-up from ShabbyPenguin (thank you, sir! :)) and I included a link to it in the all-things-root guide.

Cheers all!
    PlayfulGod and puyow18 like this.
  19. PlayfulGod

Some one givve it a try now, should be good to go. ;)
    puyow18 likes this.
  20. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

bout to test it now...;)
  21. Slickinator

I keep getting a "Failed to find currently installed su binary.
    Update cannot continue" while trying to update the binary

EDIT: used the one from the market and it doesn't ask me for root permissions

EDIT 2: Tried the new one, ****ing works and this is ****ing awesome haha, Thanks Playful
  22. PlayfulGod

kewl, youre welcome ;)
  23. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

will this auto install superuser or we suppose to down load superuser off the market?

I am not sure what the above poster meant when he tried the new one
  24. Slickinator

It installs one, I tried it on my dad's phone also and it installed superuser with the zip
  25. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Well-Known Member

See, I've factory reset like 4 times, wiped the cache, dalvik, flashed the zip, boot back up.. Still no SuperUser or SU binary ,___, I feel stupid...