Root 4 Noobs like me

Last Updated: 2009-10-05 08:31:27
  1. coipu

coipu Active Member

Ive managed to root my H8 galaxy on win 7 rtm x64 very easily using this guide.

http://www.androidworld.it/wiki/Root_Samsung_Galaxy_(ENG)

all i did was whilst installing the driver from the sdk was to pick the adb test interface rather than peeing about trying to edit inf files etc. then i copied those files in the folder like the guide says and put update zip on the sd card and opened a cmd window in the sdk tools folder with shift right click and typed the commands from the guide and it worked.

by far the best guide for a numpty like me who struggles to dress himself in the morning, let alone rooting gadgetry!;) hope it helps someone!

Advertisement
  2. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

3. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

You're a genius! If only someone told me earlier, I could have saved all those hours spent on editing the INF file :mad:
  4. coipu

coipu Active Member

glad it helped, but there's no genius living at my house :) im not sure if its a 100% yet though cos i cant get nandroid backups to work. It just says meic is missing! but my apps are definately root now and I'm happily playing with bits and bobs.
  5. z0mbi3

z0mbi3 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, do you need to have an sd card to do this or can you use the internal flash?

Waiting for my SD card in the post at the moment, but I'll rout in the mean time if I don't need it.
  6. z0mbi3

z0mbi3 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, do you need to have an sd card to do this or can you use the internal flash?

Waiting for my SD card in the post at the moment, but I'll root in the mean time if I can.
  7. coipu

coipu Active Member

i have a sd card in mine, but its not needed for the rooting :)
  8. iMobile

iMobile Member

Can u do this on mac os X?
  9. harrispo

harrispo Active Member

pegasus21, I'm not sure how to use the method you gave a link to.

Firstly, how do you go into mini recovery mode?

Secondly, do you know where I can find a list of key presses for the various booting modes?

Thanks
  10. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member