• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root achieved

Ok so first off, sorry for interupting all of this, but being a noob on about...all of android development. I was hoping I could get some help considering you guys seems to know things about the ZTE Vital/Surpreme. My phone doesn't show anything after the android guy. I can get into recovery and it shows the charging images when the phone is off. Would flashing any of the files above help fix this so I can actually use my phone? (oh yea, I replaced the boot animation then restarted my phone right before this happened)

Reactions: cerebrus21
Upvote 0
in other words, put the phone in ftm mode, vol up and power, connect to computer, use adb through command prompt to do adb shell, mount system manually as writable, type exit to get out of adb shell but stay in command prompt, then adb push the good boot animation and double check its permissions with a chmod command

Reactions: cerebrus21
Upvote 0
Right, I figured this bit out.
- Put the phone in ftm mode
- Open adb shell
- Do the following commands in adb shell:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 \system
chmod 777 \system
- exit adb shell (i.e. type 'exit' twice)
- Make sure the file you want to push is in the folder where adb is
- Push the file with adb:
adb push (yourfile) \system\(therightfolder)\(yourfile)

- That should do the trick.

Upvote 0
well if youre trying to mount system as writable after its already mounted you can do

mount -o remount,rw /system

I have the same problem with the busted boot animation. Im loaded into ftm and I tried the codes that dutchman provided. I get all the way to pushing the fixed boot animation into the /system/media/bootanimation_virgin.zip location but it says permission denied what could be causing this issue?

Upvote 0
i will follow this thread. i guess you guys dont have a working cwm yet but it shoulsnt be hard at all. same basic thing as the force and flash just a different kernel. you could most likely unpack the cwm image from either of those, toss in the stock recovery zimage, and be on your way. ill get to it wheb i can tho im fighting an uphill battle with the warp 4g

Upvote 0
sorry got lost for a minute there got alot of things going on at once. if swapping the zimage file in the recovery didnt work itll have to be built

I tried with flash recovery by swapping zimage.. It gives blank display.

but it detects on pc with n9100 device (force i guess) but i dont got any driver for that.

So, may be something related display, do you think editing in build.prop will work? as vital is 5inch?

or something related to kernel?
please guide, I have even install ubuntu on my laptop.. TYVM..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones