Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

1. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Well-Known Member

First Turn on USB Debugging in settings/applications/development
    Then turn on Unknown sources in settings/applications
    Then you have to install Quietstorm's CWM recovery. See his thread here http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...orkmod-5-0-2-7-beta2-warp-released-today.html Thanks QuietStorm1785 without CWM recovery we couldnt root this way. And without Interdepth's original root we wouldnt have gotten CWM so that we could do it this way. (a vicious cycle)
    You can also use a One click installer found here http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/490927-one-click-process-installing-cwm.html Thanks SnakeX
    The installer I made can be found here ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2.zip

After you install CWM put SuperUser.zip on your sdcard then reboot into recovery. SuperUser.zip
    Choose install zip from sdcard.
    Then verify thats what you want to do.
    After install has completed reboot the phone.
    After the phone reboots you should have root.

Advertisement
  2. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

I keep runnning into the same issue, in CWM when i click choose zip from sd card i get E: can't mount /sdcard/
    dboyzstrick and tranier22 like this.
  3. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Sounds like bad SD card
  4. Woodstock77

Thats odd. You may want to try a different sdcard.
    Try go to advanced>fix permissions
    But it could be the sdcard. The ones that came with the Warp arent the best.
    aaanadie likes this.
  5. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

I just tried fix permissions...this is the same card i had w. root prior to this 08c update...im lost ;\ (its not the one that comes w. the warp its an 8g micro sdhc)
    tranier22 likes this.
  6. Worked for me...... but busybox?
  7. Rally 517

okay i had my computer redone the other day had to redownload every thindg.... now i get fastboot is nor recognized any ideas?
  8. Woodstock77

aaanadie likes this.
  9. Woodstock77

I updated the superuser apk file in the superuser.zip. That old outdated one had issues.
  10. Rally 517

yes adb fast boot. but besides that im trying to update my drivers and windows cant find any. and yes im in bootloader mode. i went to device manager select android device and no luch cant find em
  11. Woodstock77

12. Rally 517

yeah i have that file but cant seem to fiig out how to install for the life of me. and how do i use the update tool
  13. Woodstock77

You gotta install stock recovery then go to FTM mode. Bro when in bootloader go to your device manager and manually update the drivers from there. I dont know what else to tell you.

Meanwhile I felt the need to prove its working so here goes.

[​IMG]
    and after installing busybox using busy box installer off market or web download.
    [​IMG]
    And here is proof it is the updated build.
    [​IMG]
    The dates and time are on the tops of the images. :D

Get rootchecker app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927629
  14. Rally 517

thanks man... updated drivers now how do i update via tool? never used it
  15. Woodstock77

lol first make sure you flash stock recovery back then run the updater tool and follow the directions. lol your killing me lol

Run stock_recovery.bat in this ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2.zip
  16. Rally 517

lol sorry man.... noob noob even tho i should be getting this ish by now. and lastly u have link for tool? i tried the one online followed directions till i got to point where it asks what company i work for. i will happly donate to u thanks
  17. Woodstock77

http://www.zteusa.com/support/mp/201201/P020120108252572663411.exe
    Fill in you work for my company. Its called Noneyadamnedbusiness. Put whatever you want in there.
  18. Rally 517

tried to flash stock still gett "fastboot" is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file . ever seen that? feel like giving up
  19. Rally 517

20. Woodstock77

You might need to install the whole adb package. your going to have to google it. Google "how to install adb".
  21. AndroidxD

AndroidxD Well-Known Member

i am having issues updating with the tool -.-
    i flashed back to stock recovery.img
    & i have botted up into ftm & tried running the update tool
    but no luck :/
    i am not a completely noob at this i have some experience , ive done it before
    now i have no idea why it doesnt want to work -___-
  22. Woodstock77

Well what is it doing?

If the file isnt downloading create a folder named FirmwareVersion in your (C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool) folder then download N860V1.0.0B19.zip and place it inside that folder. Then run the tool again.

E.G. <<<C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool\FirmwareVersion\N860V1.0.0B19.zip>>>
    AndroidxD likes this.
  23. jeeps13

jeeps13 Member

What does the update fix? Why do we need it?
  24. Running b08c here. Rooted by woodstck77's tutitorial, phone is running fanstatic. I also added the lines of code from the modified build.prop on the warp forum (i did not replace the entire build.prop file! I just cut and pasted the lines of code that the OP had added to the build.prop as the new build.prop is way different and i wanna go through and examine it)

Thanks to woodstock77, for an old guy yous got skillz! &#65532;
  25. Rally 517

alright so i got adb installed it works now im stuck where im trying to flash stock recovery and i get error" cannot load stock image" and my phone reboots. any ideas im lost. woodstock youve been a great help sorry i keep getting stuck. or could anybody make a nandroid of new update with root. yeah i know im asking alot. but i dont know what else to do. unless someone can explain why im getting error when trying to install stock image

he he .... i got it nevermind on this post