Root after M100 update?

1. elderlypunk

elderlypunk Well-Known Member

Dude, weeks? Thats frigging AWESOME! Weeks is a whole lot better than never! Thanks to you and the other brainiacs who are even giving it a go! I figured the m100 was just a lost cause....
  2. elderlypunk

Oh, and please refrain from virtual ball punches.... at least in this direction.... if you don't mind.... thanks.
    bestaudioguy likes this.
  3. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Bad day at school yesterday, I was pissed off at comp sci lab work because my prof wanted us to do something that literally was only documented on the place that he got the code from (it took me about 45 minutes to find the answer using google, normally it takes 5 minutes max to find anything on google, so I was very frustrated, sorry :p )
  4. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

This sub forum really died down with the last update...... I think the main forum did too. Hope they find an exploit soon.
  5. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

Phew, glad I froze Innopath before the update. Still using M080 and have no problem waiting, ONLY a few weeks! (really, weeks not months).

If the update to M100 is only PTT and a larger 3G, then I don't really need it at all.

I will make sure to also wear a cup to this forum! Even talking about a punch to the nuts makes me wince.
  6. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member

I like a good punch to the nuts now and then. Punch on!
  7. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

8. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member

LOL
    Glad I am not the only one with a sense of humor!
  9. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

I have a brand new Commando and a used one that I have had for 6 months or so.

My my question is my new one does not have the update It is running 2.3.3 m080

Can I root it? Will it automatically update to the new version like my old model?

Is it reversible?
  10. paxchristos

Yes, you can root it (see rooted my commando thread, our use superoneclick.)

If you freeze innopath, your commando can't update.
    ChadWilliam1 likes this.
  11. ChadWilliam1

Thanks, is it reversible?
  12. ChadWilliam1

Cool its rooted thanks for your thread. I froze inopath. Good stuff.
  13. jgesanginc

jgesanginc Member

Im jealous!!! I got a replacement from Verizon, but it already had the m100 update. Now I'm stuck until the smart guys figure this thing out. I have been checking here everyday...
  14. elderlypunk

Win by Spike! lmfao!
  15. ChadWilliam1

sorry about your luck. I have had my replacement for 2 months but finally switched to the new one so I could root it.
  16. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I keep searching for an answer to this question, and all I keep stumbling upon in every forum imaginable is paxChristos telling people there is no current exploit. i give up lol
  17. paxchristos

That's my job :p
    (I'm on droidforums.net, xda, android central and here, horray tapatalk app, or i'd only be on xda :p)

Pax
    jfever311 likes this.
  18. jgesanginc

jgesanginc Member

I keep watching Pax... he seems to know what the deal is... and I figure that as soon as he knows, then the entire world will know. Thanks Pax!
  19. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

I know, I keep looking on here hoping to see a post about how this problem has been solved and what the proceedure is. Am I a hanger-on? Probably.
  20. dodgef25

dodgef25 Well-Known Member

Same here keep on watching. I just feel like I could do something. Like said before if I could pitch in some $$ to get it going I don't mind. I'm sure other would too.
  21. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I'm going to give it one more week, if nothing is found, I'm putting the new commando up on Ebay.
  22. mjbarry

mjbarry Active Member

What ever company that does the codes for the Commando C771 operating system made it almost humanly impossible to root the phone after this last so called upgrade. They did not write 5megs of extra code for their health, that is for sure. Those codes where made in such a way that it covered all the bases for anyone trying to make the phone operate differently. You best believe, those people where paid quite will to prevent this from happening again. That you can take to the bank.

If someone does manage to root the m100 upgrade it will be short lived, but I doubt that will happen. That being said, I do hope some people will work together and break the code, I beleive that it is going to have to be a group effort to break the code to the m100 upgrade so it can be rooted. We will see what happens in the future.
  23. paxchristos

Umm, the 5mb difference is in the kernel source code, not all of the code, and zergRush wasn't a Kernel exploit.

5mb of difference could be literally a metric sh*t ton of differences in the code, or they might've removed some extraneous files.

Exploits are quite hard to patch if you don't know about them (see windows and their near constant release of security patches. They patched (any) old holes, but any new ones have about a 100% chance of not being patched yet, because people haven't found 'em yet.

In order to kill of an exploit, a firmware update is needed, so the answer is, once somebody figures it a new root, freeze innopath. No more updates until you want them.
    jem3354 likes this.
  24. packm3

packm3 New Member

I'm fairly depressed with my phone with M100 and I check this forum everyday with the hopes someone has figured out a way to set it free. I need the rugged phone for where I work and I will be checking this with bated breath everyday until some genius figures this mess out.
  25. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

Hasn't anyone tried flashing a nandroid of m080?