Root after OTA 2.1 update?

Last Updated:

1. endorphine44

endorphine44 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to root after the OTA 2.1 update yet?

Sorry, I had my noob goggles on this morning and accidentally applied the OTA update after I did the baseband update so now I've lost root. I know, I know... that update file should never have been on my sd card to start with. :mad:

I did a backup with ROMmanager prior to these updates, but can't do anything with it now. Just need to root again so life can continue.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

only way at the moment is to use an sbf file to get you back to 2.01 and reroot from there

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Simple answer, NO. The only way you can root is to use RSD Lite and flash back to the 2.0.1 SBF then root it and wait for someone to release a pre-rooted OTA 2.1 update.zip which should be anytime now if it hasn't already been done. You could wait for someone to find out how to root from 2.1 but I don't know how long that will take.

4. CRPercodani

Ok Mr.OMJ we need to have a serious talk. The mornings are MINE around here understand! I dole out the helping and support 'round these parts in the AM. Got it?? Hahaha

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Sorry its quite a boring morning at work I gotta do something to occupy myself

6. CRPercodani

Haha I'm just joking around anyway. For like the past 3 days we have been going back to back with replies in the morning.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

yea I noticed the same thing. :D I think it might be an indication that I need to work a little more in the morning :eek:

8. endorphine44

endorphine44 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info guys, guess I'll just hold what I have until 2.1 is rooted. I don't really want to roll back to 2.0.1 at this point. I don't think it'll be too much longer before 2.1 is rooted anyway

9. CRPercodani