• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and Install XtrSense 4.1

fillyo

Aug 26, 2010
I have an Incredible, so not familiar with Eris, but I want to root my wife's phone and install XtrSense 4.1, as it seems to be a fast and stable ROM with no tweaks needed.

So, here are the steps:

1) One click root on XDA, install the rootme.zip file, reboot and should be rooted.
2) Run a nandroid backup
3) copy Xtr ROM to root of SD, wipe, and flash via "install from zip"

Is there anything I am missing, seems straightforward. The one step that confused me is this:
Wipe SD:ext partition
What does that step do?

Thanks in advance for help and comments.

Since your wife's phone is not currently rooted, the wipe SD:ext will not actually do anything because there is no ext partition on her SD card. Some ROMs use the ext partition to store apps on the SD card, I'd suggest holding off on creating this partition until you're sure she needs it. In xtrSense 4.1 Zach has done some tricks with on board memory of the phone to gain extra space for apps, so I highly doubt that it will be needed on this ROM.

Reactions: fillyo
Upvote 0
Since your wife's phone is not currently rooted, the wipe SD:ext will not actually do anything because there is no ext partition on her SD card. Some ROMs use the ext partition to store apps on the SD card, I'd suggest holding off on creating this partition until you're sure she needs it. In xtrSense 4.1 Zach has done some tricks with on board memory of the phone to gain extra space for apps, so I highly doubt that it will be needed on this ROM.
cache2cache enabled by default so no need to deal with ext on sd card. also if you decide to deal with a froyo rom such as KF froyo is not compatible with ext2/3 formated partitions on sd cards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones