Root and Kindle

Last Updated:

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had problems with a rooted Eris and the Kindle app? Some books will not open and say "invalid book"

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I have the Kindle app but have only one book on it, and it's working fine with that. Maybe the book did not download completely when you synced your library?

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1 to doogald... I've got about 8 books and I've had no trouble... Maybe try un-installing and re-installing the Kindle app? It should re-sync all of your books.

Its awesome having my books on my Eris, Droid X, and laptop--pretty cool.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

One of these days I'm going to buy a Kindle, too! ;)

5. thetingster

Thank you. It's just strange. I worked for a while then about 4 of my 15 books say they are invalid. After I deregister and register again sometimes they work but then when I start the phone up again those same books say they are invalid. Can't seem to figure it out. Tried downloading them again but it wants me to purchase them again. Don't want to do that.

6. scary alien

Yeah, for $139 it seems like a great buy...I keep dropping hints to my wife...:D

7. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

But its free for your phone and comp, so why would you need to buy it?

8. scary alien

Shh! That's what my wife says, lol! Mostly cause its a bigger display...although that was part of my rationale for buying the Droid X with its massive 4.3 inch screen :D. Reading via the Kindle app on my X is actually pretty sweet.

I actually read a couple of books on my Eris before I got my X...the only downside to smaller screens is the page turning--the bigger the screen, the fewer the page turns.

9. rmrlc

rmrlc Well-Known Member

Uninstall the books from the sd card in the kindle folder and reinstall them with kindle app. If you use titanium backup it will install all books.

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It's much better for reading than a smartphone. The battery lasts forever by comparison. It is much easier to read in bright light, and I can just use the same ambient lighting that I would use for a "regular" book to read in dim light. And I love it when my phone's battery lasts all day for being a communication device.

11. thetingster

I agree with the statements that the Kindle itself is nice. Maybe someday for me not now. I don't want to carry around two devices. Plus I loved kindle when it was working on my Eris. I will try deleting the books from the sd card and re-installiing them. So far nothing has helped. Called customer service at amazon too. Don't know what to think. It's like the device thinks I di not own the book yet displays them in the archives.

12. thetingster

Nope didn't work, deleted books on the sd card and tried to re-install the books with the.app, I still get the same error "invalid book "