Root and Lag Fix on leaked 2.2

Last Updated:

1. hollywoodroid

hollywoodroid Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anything like ryans OCLF that can root and do a lag fix to the Samsung Captivate running the leaked froyo 2.2? I would like to delete bloatware, and get my quandrant score back up to where it was on the 2.1 with the OCLF lag fix.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Marinate305

Marinate305 Member

I got on here to find out the samething. I was browsing through free apps in the market came upon the app that has it all. Ryans app. When I rooted I never saved anything when I put 2.2 on my Captivate so I have all the bloatware and no superuser permission app either. I read some comments stating it doesnt work well with the froyo we have?? If you find out anymore info about it, please feel free to contact me.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Use z4root to root 2.2, and stay away from dirty lagfix hacks.

Deleting the stock AT&T apps is dangerous and can cause problems. Use Titanium Backup to "freeze" and deactivate them, that way you can unfreeze them if needed.

4. Marinate305

Marinate305 Member

Thank you Sremick. I did a little more research on it and found the same. As for the dirty lagfixes, are you referring to Ryans lagfix app that is available in the market? Are you suggesting just to use the Z4root created by Ryan and stay away from his lagfix app? Want to make sure before I proceed.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I consider all the lagfixes to be "dirty", since there's no one single method that doesn't come with downsides, compromises and/or significant risks. And some don't even actually uninstall despite having an "uninstall" feature.

The problem (lag) is real enough, but you don't want a "solution" that is worse than the original problem.

You'll get no shortage of people flaming me telling me I'm wrong because they've had no problems, but as I've said in other threads: being alive after 10 pulls of the trigger doesn't make Russian Roulette a safe game to play. And making something "one click" doesn't make it safe to use. Almost all people installing lagfixes (or as I like to say, "laghacks") have absolutely zero idea of what's actually being done/changed (sometimes permanently) to their device behind the scenes.

If z4root can work for you, use that. If you have issues, just use the root function in OCLF and resist the urge to experiment with its other functions.

Marinate305 likes this.