Root and Password

Last Updated:

1. hen23

hen23 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I have recently rooted my phone and installed a new theme. I now have a good grip of how to use adb and whatnot, but I have one question left.

I remember reading something somewhere about putting a password in the phone for something that has to do with root. I remember reading how there is always a default password and because of that it makes you very vulnerable to attacks from apps and other people. If someone could inform me that would be great. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yeah, what you remember reading was about a jailbroken iPhone and the default password when you ssh'd into it.

3. hen23

hen23 Member This Topic's Starter

Oh so I dont have to worry about setting a password or anything? My phone is safe?

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Fabolous is correct. I've had my iPod Touch 2G 32GB for about a year by next month, and I've jailbroken it many times. I use SSH on it constantly and I've changed my root password on it. It has a default password of, "alpine," but I've since changed it to a personal one.

The DX does not have a password of sorts for root access. I mean, there's a password if you try to root your device manually through the shell, but that's different and is the only one that I can think of.