Root and Unlocking

Last Updated:

1. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I read on phonescoop that this phone has CDMA capabilities, and with the new DMCA exemption saying that if the phone is capable and I'm authorized its fair use for me to use this on VZW.

Soooo
    Has any1 been able, with root, to use this phone on other carriers? I'm thinking of sporting the full cost of the phone and using it on VZW if possible... ATT has next to 0 Support in the northern 1/2 of my state... so using them as my primary carrier... not gonna happen lol

Advertisement
  2. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Ummmm, no, this phone does not contain a CDMA radio. According to the FCC it is a GSM/UMTS (W-CDMA) radio enabled phone.

No matter how much you wish for it, you can't use it on Verizon. Sorry.

3. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah.....actually the weird part about it is, VZW is getting SIM cards when they go 4G. That's going to be different. I think 4G phones may be interchangeable between AT&T and VZW. Both will be using the LTE networks anyways.

4. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Oh, I am sure they will still lock them down as best as they can. :)

5. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah I kinda feel they will because these two are arch enemies lol.

6. CLRana9017

CLRana9017 Active Member

If they make CDMA/LTE hybrid phones, then the network would be pretty awesome. But unlike AT&T, they don't have a full GSM background. When AT&T launches their LTE system, they'll have 2G, 3G, and LTE down. I don't think Verizon can say the same unless they deploy LTE in every part of their network. Besides EV-DO 3G isn't all that great at all. Coverage wise, surely. But 3G wise? It's disappointing.