• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Applications

The only "must have" in my book is root explorer (to manage system files). The others can all be useful too. SetCPU is used to overclock/underclock the processor. Titanium can be used to freeze bad apps or bloatware and to backup your current apps and data.

ROM Manager has been known to have problems with the Epic... I would avoid it personally (at least on the Epic).

Adfree Android is a must as well IMO.

Reactions: _Epic
Upvote 0
root explorer is a file manager/browser will let you see files on your sdcard as well as all throughout /. setcpu will let you overclock or underclock your phone assuming you have a kernel that supports overclocking. rom manager in its current form is useless for the epic 4g. titanium backup will let you backup apps and data so if you flash a new rom you can restore them and dont have to start over on angry birds ;)

another one of interest is wifi tether, letting you use your phones 3g/4g connection to wifi to use on a laptop or like device

Upvote 0
root explorer is a file manager/browser will let you see files on your sdcard as well as all throughout /. setcpu will let you overclock or underclock your phone assuming you have a kernel that supports overclocking. rom manager in its current form is useless for the epic 4g. titanium backup will let you backup apps and data so if you flash a new rom you can restore them and dont have to start over on angry birds ;)

another one of interest is wifi tether, letting you use your phones 3g/4g connection to wifi to use on a laptop or like device

I flashed Frozen 1.1.0 to my phone, the kernel is still the same as stock EC05. How do I get a custom kernel that supports overclocking? And what else can a custom kernel do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones