Root Apps (Icons) disappearing...

Last Updated:

1. gsxr310

gsxr310 Active Member This Topic's Starter

from my "root" folder i create. the only app that stays on the folder is astro (which does not require root). even if not on a folder, my root apps disappear from any of my home screens. no problems w/ them in the app drawer. :confused:
    running bb v.0.3 but had this problem since bb 0.1. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

When you start up, force close whatever launcher you are using. This is an issue that has been ongoing since 2.2.

I am not sure of any fix, although ADW.Launcher is finally getting apps that are on the SD card to finally show up in app tray on reboot, but still on the screens, you get generic icons for apps. Once you force close, they show back up as normal.

3. juergen99

juergen99 Member

I'm having a similar problem. I cannot seem to keep any shortcuts in any folders. They disappear within minutes. I am running NexFro 1.0.1 (standard launcher). This is a huge problem for me as I used folders alot to organize my apps. I might try another ROM to see if that fixes it.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I am willing to bet it has to do with the apps being auto moved to the sd card if you guys are running froyo roms

5. juergen99

juergen99 Member

Makes sense, but in my case the icons that disappear are not for apps that are on the SD card.:confused: