• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root ATT GoPhone Zmax 2 ZTE Z958 ?

Will the ZTE ZMAX rooting procedure mentioned for the other models work with the new ATT Gophone ZMAX 2 ZTE Z958 ? - Thanks

You would have to test it yourself. This is a section of the forums for the ZMAX and no other phones. The chances of someone having that phone here is slim but try to get your own section going and start a development community.
Good luck!

Upvote 0
We were able to exchange the bricked device for a replacement. I'd still like to know how to recover in the event he does it again some day.

I just had to do this Now this is how you fix it. HOLD THE POWER BUTTON AND THE VOLUME UP BUTTON IN AT THE SAME TIME. THEN A SCREEN WILL COME UP THEN YOU HAVE TO WIPE DATA AND CACHE THEN SYSTEM RESTORE. THEN IT WILL START UP AGAIN AND WORK AS NORMAL.

Upvote 0
The older version of kingo root WILL temp root the z958 but it's pretty much useless since the emmc still has write protection enabled so you can't write or even mount as r/w system. The few things you CAN do are give yourself a semi permanent adb shell which in turn will allow you to change the dpi if you so wish. I find 260 works MUCH better than 320. More details are in the changing dpi thread in this forum.

Upvote 0
The older version of kingo root WILL temp root the z958 but it's pretty much useless since the emmc still has write protection enabled so you can't write or even mount as r/w system. The few things you CAN do are give yourself a semi permanent adb shell which in turn will allow you to change the dpi if you so wish. I find 260 works MUCH better than 320. More details are in the changing dpi thread in this forum.
Did you try the script to disable write protection for the first zmax? It also works on alot of other ZTE phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones