• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root attempt RSD Lite v4.6 says FAIL?

well I followed theunlockr.com's how to on rooting and everything seemed to start off well, then it booted to 2.0.1, then to rooted 2.2. I used FRF84BV04.zip, once I unplugged it from my computer it would lag and freeze permanently the only way I could get it to reboot was to remove the battery, once i replaced it it did it again, so then I decided to download the Froyo Kangerade V1.0 blue version, I put it on the SD card then followed theunlockr.com's instructions, only to have the phone constantly show the white Motorola logo on startup. I can get into the bootloader menu and the menu where you erase the memory and such, but i cant get the phone to startup all the way

Any help on getting my phone to work would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Ok, Can you get into the bootloader or recovery menu, it sounds like you can still get into recovery as the bootloader is what your in when using RSD. Does it have 6 options and the last one is install? If so that's your recovery menu and you will be fine. Did you wipe data/factory reset the phone in recovery before you installed Kangerade?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones