Root before activation?

Last Updated:

1. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to root the Droid prior to activating it (you know, doing the *228 thing to be able to actually make calls and use data)? My wife's new Droid just arrived and I'm planning to put JRummy's Pink Froyo on for her. Thought it might be nice to have it done prior to her getting home from work. I'll obviously still be signing in with her google account and I have wifi at home should I need to access any data. But she needs her current phone right now and activating this new one would in turn deactivate the one she has with her.

Advertisement
  2. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

I read somewhere you could bypass the activation screen by touching all four corners. If that is the case then why not just download the rom etc on the computer then place it on the sd card and call it good?

3. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Sort of like when you a flash a new baseband, and have to reactivate. I think it should work with no problems.

Speaking of Kangerade, I have to flash my wife's phone when she gets home. She's running a 2.1 ROM. I want her to experience the joys of Froyo. Plus, that'll keep her off my back if I'm able to go pick up my Incredible today.