• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root broken? help?

Cl8rs

Android Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2010
Roseville, CA
So the other day I noticed my phone said "an update is available" so I updated, while rooted. I noticed after the update that none of my rooted apps work anymore. I unrooted and re-rooted. Nothing. Help? I'm stuck with the superuser appand can't get rid of it. I tried a factory reset and it didn't work...

So the other day I noticed my phone said "an update is available" so I updated, while rooted. I noticed after the update that none of my rooted apps work anymore. I unrooted and re-rooted. Nothing. Help? I'm stuck with the superuser appand can't get rid of it. I tried a factory reset and it didn't work...

Have you tried z4root yet? I have heard that it works with the new update. Just make sure USB Debugging is turned on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones