Root Capabilities

1. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Im about to ditch sprint for greener pastures (aka reliable service). I love my current Note 2 but will definite move up to the 3 when i buy new devices. I have read so much about VZW putting a death grip on their devices and making them next to impossible to root. I refuse to use a device that I cant root. I am totally new and inexperienced with VZW. I have been reading and the more I read, the more confused and unsure I become. If I decide to move to VZW in the next week or so, will I be able to root a Note 3? I know theres plenty of info already here but I dont have the time to read through all of it over the next few days. I need to make a move and make it quick.

Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Unless someone comes up with a new way to root it, no. And, even if someone comes up with a way to put custom recovery/ROM on it, it's going to be a long time.

How's TMobile coverage there? The N900t (their Note3) is SIM-locked (isn't everything), but otherwise open. And if you change the APN you can use it on AT&T.
  3. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Thanks for the bad new. :D
  4. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I have a note 3 on VZW and was able to root it. Chiefs guide is excellent. And welcome!
    In my area, VZW has the best service and been with them a while.. Last phone was a Nexus.. This time the note 3 and love it.
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

The thing you need to remember though is even if you root it and put a custom rom on it, you will then lose all special functionality of the S-Pen.
  6. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Whoah! Theres a lot of misinformation in here, I had to post...

Google Kingo Android Root, this is the way to root current MJ7 firmware. Also Safestrap is what we are currently using to load ROM's. The_Chief's guide is a good place to look for links to these

Not true, TW ROM's retain SPen functionality. This may be the case for AOSP based ROM's, but we dont have and cant flash anyway on retail GN3 anyway because of locked bootloader (cant run a custom kernel.)
    MrClean and ryancmatchett like this.
  7. eclipsed039

eclipsed039 Well-Known Member

I'm on vzw note 3 with root and hyperdrive rom twrp Recovery and I have s pen functionality.