• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] [ROOT] EASIEST AVAIL ROOT METHOD--UPDATE.ZIP [no adb needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
cwm recovery isn't permanent with that file, hence why it's called "temp_recovery"

if you want permanent cwm recovery without root, find the appropriate thread and use that file for your phone.

secondly, this method works, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.

there's is either something wrong with your download, or you are not doing something right, or there is something wrong with your phone...

i've personally done this over and over without any hitch. the method is flawless...

I got rooted last night. Big thanks to you guys. Especially ValueforValue for his help.

I tried to use this method several times and it never worked. Flashing the rooted stock nandroid did the trick...

Upvote 0
Reactions: tmpluff
Upvote 0
I did everything perfectly according to video with no problems. After phone rebooted during the last instruction I tried using the verify root app and Titanium back up and both stay stuck on loading screen. Verifying root access and 'Asking for root rights...' on Titanium backup app.

hard to help without seeing this. Avail or Merit?

you have "superuser" by ChainsDD? not supersu, correct?

root check is not required either. i said plainly in the video that it was only there to show that it worked in the video. it's not needed otherwise.

open and and accept the agreement/dialogue of superuser and then close it. maybe that will get you going. also check the log in superuser and that may help you see what the problem is.

i'm not sure why those on the Avail are having trouble with this, but i can't help if no one posts a full nandroid of their device without root using my recovery for non-rooted phones--without this i can't duplicate the problem and see if it's an actual problem or not

and sorry that i can't be more help, subsinuous. but until i get what's needed, there's not much i can do than make obvious suggestions.

do you have x-plore on your phone (or any other root explorer)? if so, verify that "su" exists in /system/xbin/

if not, then you aren't rooted. but i can't tell you why because it works on my end.

if you are on the avail, it might be the update-binary is different from the merit, but that seems like a stretch

Upvote 0
hard to help without seeing this. Avail or Merit?

you have "superuser" by ChainsDD? not supersu, correct?

root check is not required either. i said plainly in the video that it was only there to show that it worked in the video. it's not needed otherwise.

open and and accept the agreement/dialogue of superuser and then close it. maybe that will get you going. also check the log in superuser and that may help you see what the problem is.

i'm not sure why those on the Avail are having trouble with this, but i can't help if no one posts a full nandroid of their device without root using my recovery for non-rooted phones--without this i can't duplicate the problem and see if it's an actual problem or not

and sorry that i can't be more help, subsinuous. but until i get what's needed, there's not much i can do than make obvious suggestions.

do you have x-plore on your phone (or any other root explorer)? if so, verify that "su" exists in /system/xbin/

if not, then you aren't rooted. but i can't tell you why because it works on my end.

if you are on the avail, it might be the update-binary is different from the merit, but that seems like a stretch

It hanged for the longest for some reason. I think it was Superuser app. lagging to give me root access to any of my apps. After several restarts it finally caught on and finally gave me approval for everything and passed the root check. So, I'm rooted. Thanks for this! Was a smooth and easy process.

I have the same phone as you do in the video with the Tracfone logo. (Net10 Version)

Upvote 0
It hanged for the longest for some reason. I think it was Superuser app. lagging to give me root access to any of my apps. After several restarts it finally caught on and finally gave me approval for everything and passed the root check. So, I'm rooted. Thanks for this! Was a smooth and easy process.

I have the same phone as you do in the video with the Tracfone logo. (Net10 Version)

Nice to see another net10 user I thought I was the only one lol Everyone seems to have straight talk around here.

Upvote 0
Tried the method and didn't work for me (not a total NOOB, have rooted and flashed about 7 android devices). It was my Mom's phone, and didn't have the time to make a Nandroid...sorry :(

Please someone, send the man a Nandroid :^)

I love the temporary clockwork mod flash though!

One question; I had an optimus V that I rooted, then after awhile a did a factory reset from "settings" menus not in recovery. Unfortunately I bricked it when I did that. Could he same happen to the Avail if I factory reset the device?

Upvote 0
Tried the method and didn't work for me (not a total NOOB, have rooted and flashed about 7 android devices). It was my Mom's phone, and didn't have the time to make a Nandroid...sorry :(

One question; I had an optimus V that I rooted, then after awhile a did a factory reset from "settings" menus not in recovery. Unfortunately I bricked it when I did that. Could he same happen to the Avail if I factory reset the device?

I read somewhere that your not supposed to use the factory reset from the android menu when rooted with CWM. Can't remember where I read that or why it causes problems but I would use the factory reset option in cwm for safety's sake. Also I'm unsure why this root method didn't work for ya, some people have problems with it. If you are on Straight Talk just get the rooted nandroid that boogy uploaded and flash it with cwm and you will be rooted, simple.

Upvote 0

a factory reset shouldn't brick anything, regardless if you have cwm recovery or root or not. i've never read or heard of such. i've factory reset my rooted Merit plenty of times and never once had a brick...

all factory reset does it wipe the /data partition, and i don't even think it wipes the whole thing, just /data/app and /data/dalvik-cache and /data/data but i could be wrong. either way, that's the only partition it touches

as for cwm recovery, you can make it permanent by using the other one. there is both a temp version and a permanent version for unrooted phones. i also have update.zip files to go back to stock that have not been uploaded yet.

and i can't figure out why there is a problem with the Avail not working this way. some have gotten it on the Avail, others have not. this is why i need a nandroid of it...

i think it's just a simple problem that can be fixed without changing the method. it may be wise to downgrade the Avail before doing this method using the t-flash method. i tried using t-flash on the Merit to install the Avail system but it doesn't work and aborts at the end. the two phones are not the same, regardless what everyone thinks. there are minor, but important differences that need to be examined.

so nandroid, nandroid, nandroid...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I had never heard of the phone-brick-factory-reset thing either, until it was bricked and I googled it, lol. CWM factory reset never had a problem.

It's not my phone (the avail) so I can't really confiscate it to mess around. If I'm able though, I'll steal it, factory reset and then upload a fresh nandroid (could be at least a week away though).

Thanks for all your work boss.

<EDIT> Oh I just read Value's post about the Straight Talk Nandroid...If it's NOT rooted, I'll get root?
That's amazing, where do I get it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones