• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root + Eugene's Vibrant4 + Lag Fix = Amazing

I would check out XDA and look into SuperCurio's (or "super_curio") lag fix over the one that RyanZA posted.

I haven't run it but it sounds like Super_curio is onto something that Ryan neglected, no offense to him, I was in the IRC channel today and read a brief debate on the two methods.

I still hope Samsung can modify the file system with an OTA update - probably not, but trying to have faith...

Upvote 0
I would check out XDA and look into SuperCurio's (or "super_curio") lag fix over the one that RyanZA posted.

I haven't run it but it sounds like Super_curio is onto something that Ryan neglected, no offense to him, I was in the IRC channel today and read a brief debate on the two methods.

I still hope Samsung can modify the file system with an OTA update - probably not, but trying to have faith...
SuperCurio lagfix (also known as the Voodoo lagfix) is probably the best. It changes the core kernel to ext4 from RFS. Here's a link with all the lagfix out there and the pros and cons of each. Its the 2nd post.

Lag issues with the SGS - xda-developers

I'm using SuperCurio's lagfix right now and it is blazing fast. Quadrant score is lower than the one-click lag fix but it is faster. Currently it is hard as hell to install though (took me 3 tries), so don't bother with it till it comes out of Beta.

I also read RyanZA is coming out with an updated fix that does what SuperCurio's lagfix does in the form an app like he did with the one-click method. Does sound like you'll give 2GB that does nothing as sacrifice, but still great news regardless ;).

Upvote 0
Just flashed the Vibrant9 rom...a tad bit better than the 4, SUPER similar with a couple of add-ons. Eugene says not to use any other lagfix then his own linked through XDA but I might go ahead and try to use RyanZA's OCLF and see if it is compatible.

If he says not to use any lag fix other than his own then I wouldnt use any other method... there are 3 or 4 lax fix methods and the wrong one will make you a sad panda.

Upvote 0
I know the order is to flash the vibrant4 ROM, THEN install the lag fix ... is this absolutely necessary?

I was able to get the lag fix installed and working correctly - am getting 2150 scores from quadrant with the factory ROM.

Id like to install custom ROMs, but do i need to run the lag fix every time install a new ROM?

Thanks for allll the information and help guys. This forum and its members are AMAZING!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones