root evo with mac?

Last Updated:

1. amg1322

amg1322 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have been reading up on rooting for days now and have not been able to find a decent way to root my evo using my mac. i came across one forum

How-To Full Root of Evo 4G on Mac - Android Central Forums

but ended up getting an error message saying "main version is older" over and over while trying to do the steps. am i doing something wrong?

or is there just an easier way to do this??

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Install the Android SDK for the Mac. Basically you'll need to get adb working with your phone when it's connected via USB. Once you have that, you should be able to follow any command-line procedure on how to root.

Even for windows users, the pre-rooting setup can be a bit nasty.

3. Fat Douglas

Fat Douglas Member

I was getting that same Main Version is Older error for a while to.
    I eventually restarted my computer and took the battery out of my phone and started the Unlock Nand process over again. and it worked. Who knows if that was really the problem tho...could of just been luck. lol

4. amg1322

amg1322 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol hoping id get the same result i restarted my computer and did a battery pull on my phone but no such luck. im worried that by trying to do the root using my mac and just adjusting the codes a bit i will mess something up. so im caving in and using my work pc just to be safe