• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Explorer Permissions into .android_secure

As my understanding goes, the file on the SD card, ".android_secure", is used for apps that have been moved to the SD card and that it is a hidden folder that cannot be accessed easily.

In the app, Root Explorer, I am able to see this folder but when I go into it, there is nothing. So I held down on the folder and tried to change the permissions so that everyone can view it/modify it/etc. but whenever I click "Ok", it hasn't actually changed any permissions.

There's not much I can or want to do with the files located in the folder...I'd just like to be able to get inside to see what it's like and perhaps find some neat extras if any exist there lol.

So my question is...is there any way of accessing the inner contents of this folder via my phone, a computer, or another device?

As my understanding goes, the file on the SD card, ".android_secure", is used for apps that have been moved to the SD card and that it is a hidden folder that cannot be accessed easily.

In the app, Root Explorer, I am able to see this folder but when I go into it, there is nothing. So I held down on the folder and tried to change the permissions so that everyone can view it/modify it/etc. but whenever I click "Ok", it hasn't actually changed any permissions.

There's not much I can or want to do with the files located in the folder...I'd just like to be able to get inside to see what it's like and perhaps find some neat extras if any exist there lol.

So my question is...is there any way of accessing the inner contents of this folder via my phone, a computer, or another device?

I believe that this folder is only used when you use the apps2sd program not the dark tremors a2sd. If you go through the Apps Manager and select move to sd card this is where is stores the files that are moved from the phone. I don't use this method I use DT. My .android_secure folder is empty. If you know you have stuff in there then try accessing it from a Live Linux CD if you do not have Linux installed on your computer. As far as changing permissions not sure you really want to it could mess up access for the system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones