• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root explorer works....Sometimes

NeWcS

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Sometimes I can get root explorer to work and sometimes not. Is there an option that needs to on or off on the phone for it to work? Does it need to be plugged into the comp, debugging on or off, storage mode or studio mode? Any help would be great.
-Jay

Which ROM are you using? If you are using a rom that uses Nu11u5 rooted 1.6 kernel, that could be the problem. I use BH_Man's Take 5 rom and Root Explorer works great. But, to answer your question, no there is no setting that needs to be enabled for root explorer to work and your phone doesn't need to be plugged into your computer. The only option that should be enabled is USB debugging, although it shouldn't affect root explorer.

Reactions: NeWcS
Upvote 0
Running BH's w/ take 5 also. Every time I try to start it I get
CVgi5.png

I than hit ok and try again but get the same thing. I got it to work a couple times but keep getting this

-Jay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones