Root explorer works....Sometimes

Last Updated:

1. NeWcS

NeWcS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes I can get root explorer to work and sometimes not. Is there an option that needs to on or off on the phone for it to work? Does it need to be plugged into the comp, debugging on or off, storage mode or studio mode? Any help would be great.
    -Jay

Advertisement
  2. lych

lych Well-Known Member

Which ROM are you using? If you are using a rom that uses Nu11u5 rooted 1.6 kernel, that could be the problem. I use BH_Man's Take 5 rom and Root Explorer works great. But, to answer your question, no there is no setting that needs to be enabled for root explorer to work and your phone doesn't need to be plugged into your computer. The only option that should be enabled is USB debugging, although it shouldn't affect root explorer.

NeWcS likes this.
  3. NeWcS

Running BH's w/ take 5 also. Every time I try to start it I get
    [​IMG]

I than hit ok and try again but get the same thing. I got it to work a couple times but keep getting this

-Jay

4. NeWcS

Well I rebooted my phone and it seems to work

5. lych

lych Well-Known Member

Thats happened to me a few times as well. The problem seems to be a mismatch between su and superuser.akp that BH_Man never got around to fixing. Rebooting is the only way I know of fix it (its probably not a bad idea to reboot your phone every once and awhile anyways).