[ROOT] [FIRMWARE] Any root or firmware for the Galaxy Tab E 8.0 AT&T Variant yet? (SM-T377A)

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by KingOfTheNet, Dec 25, 2016.

1. KingOfTheNet

KingOfTheNet Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Male
    I got a brand new Galaxy Tab E and Galaxy S7 for christmas! :D The problem is, I can root the S7, but I've found nothing for the TAB E, not even the stock firmware for it, which is kind of ridiculous. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Extra info down below
    Model No: SAMSUNG-SM-T377A
    Build No: MMB29K.T377AUCU1APH6
    Baseband: T377AUCU1APH6

Edit: Well since it appears this tablet isn't gonna get anything, stock firmware or otherwise, i'm just gonna sell it :(

Advertisement
    #1 KingOfTheNet, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. joeclark01

joeclark01 New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I am looking for the same thing. I will see if you have any luck

3. watertimedude

watertimedude New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    good evenging just noticed you mention only getting results for a SM-T377A one? thats crazy I have been searching for months and I can’t find my info on my build
    SM-T377A if its not to much trouble would you be able to post a link to for rooting ? whats the the build on. your device maybe its the ones I have been seeing when I look up how to root my tab e. This is my first android device and rooting seems way more complicated than jailbreaking my iPhone. I would really appreciate any info that you might have, and I have no problem trying to find info on yours as well. its rather strange that every single Samsung tab e popes up except my exact model, just like your dealing with.
    Thanks

4. KingOfTheNet

Sep 26, 2016
    Male
    When I Google search the model number (SM-T377A) I only get results for the SM-T337A, which is the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 AT&T. If I can't even get firmware for it then I might just sell it. Also there is absolutely no root method for this thing at all, which really makes me wanna sell it.

5. joeclark01

joeclark01 New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I know what you mean, and with out any way to back up or reflash or what ever, I am not real keen on bricking a tablet I have to pay monthly for the service on.

So it has become the living room Netflix/Hulu/whatever digital video that we want to cast to the living room TV device. At least until I can find some way of doing what I want to to it.

Which is install it into my truck, but I need root first... Well we will see.

6. KingOfTheNet

Sep 26, 2016
    Male
    I sold it last week on an undisclosed site for an undisclosed amount of money, really saves me time and of course money.