[ROOT] Flashable Odin tar

Last Updated:

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

Pre-rooted odin tar

what makes this different is this is pulled from a phone taht has root already and thus when you flash it, will get root ;). so no kernel involved, i was hoping for it cuz this is a big download :/

as for how to flash it you ask? well hopefully someone here is a former indulge owner and can work with us ;)

here is the pit, and a copy of odin, hopefully it works for you guys worst case we gutta find a newer version :p

open up odin
    make sure re-partition is UNCHECKED
    power your phone off
    press and hold the following Power+DOWN+Home
    press volume up to continue
    you should see downloading
    plug your phone into the computer and you shoudl see a yellow com number appear in teh box, like so

load the pre-rooted factory into pda slot
    click start!

once you have it flashed you have root!

all credit goes to bliss and rangekid15 for the files

Make sure to double check the checkboxes, if your odin doenst look like the picture then you are prolly wrong

2. Shabbypenguin

3. Shabbypenguin

done uploading :)
  4. skinlab

skinlab Well-Known Member

Thank you and everyone else involved in the root.
  5. Shabbypenguin

suck it samsung ;P

*credit to pandibear for the photo
    calleth2k51, Havocx23, ChiweN and 3 others like this.
  6. esv9591

esv9591 Well-Known Member

is it normal to have 2 yellow COM pop up, and how long should it take?
  7. gitman

gitman Active Member

just to confirm, this flashing process wipes out everything like a factory reset, but with root access included? or is that not the case?

8. esv9591

figured out why i was getting 2 COM

you have to press Power+DOWN+Home
    you then press up to continue flashing.
    Shabbypenguin likes this.
  9. Shabbypenguin

no, this leaves your data intact, all this does is flash system. leaving your stuff alone.. i wanna say the dump isnt complete in that it has easy wifi from metro removed, but its either that or you guys can wait a few more days for root ;)

and yes two coms are fine, should only take 5-10 mins if it gets stuck (which it prolly will more than once) use a diff cable,m diff usb port pull batteyr retry etc etc... you cannot brick using this :)

worst case is you have to reboot and flash it again

just for teh love of god do not repartition, if you do let me know how much you want for your phone cuz its gunna be useless to you
  10. esv9591

head this warning. i now have a $200 brick hahaha. I now have a good reason to go to Metro to get a new Attain that can pick up the 4G.
  11. mobileplay

mobileplay Well-Known Member

what exactly is the .pit file? I noticed in the screen shot that a .pit for the indulge was loaded into odin, for the attain do we need to load the pit file into odin that you have given us a link for? It seems the answer would be yes, but just wanted to make sure.

12. pandibear

pandibear Member

Yes, You will need to download the pit file for the attain which is right on top of the odin link.
  13. gitman

gitman Active Member

@Shabbypenguin: thanks!

has anyone else done this successfully yet? just want to make sure before i go ahead with it.
  14. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

HOO-RAY!! Shabby once again you're the man!
  15. Shabbypenguin

dont forget to thank bliss, without him this would not have been possible.

just remember if your device is feeling down and unloved, you need to call in teh hit squad ;P
  16. gitman

gitman Active Member

you may also want to include the driver installation step in the instructions
  17. rangekid15

rangekid15 Member

ya guys this is a rip from my phone and yes it does already have metro easy wifi removed so all your wifi problems are solved :)
    Tokenpoke likes this.
  18. 4evalozt

4evalozt New Member

A HUGE THANX to all devs who made this possible on our otherwise crappy attain if root wasnt achieved!!!! LET THE DEVELOPMENTS BEGIN!!! MUAH! SUCK IT SAMSUNG!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :eek:<===8
  19. cyberone3

cyberone3 Well-Known Member

is there anyway to recover i unchecked re-partition but when i connected the phone it somehow got rechecked

before i return this phone since i just bought it is there there a way to recover?
  20. Shabbypenguin

at this time there is no way to recover. hence the warnings (2 of them in this thread alone in fact from just me)

indulge users will remember a similar situation on there
  21. mobileplay

mobileplay Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your hard work on this. I followed the instructions, but forgot to add the .pit file, but all is well and am posting from my rooted attain. I dont have money to donate but if you are interested I have an optimus m that I can donate if you or the other devs on this want I would be more than happy to send it to you. Thanks again for everyones hard work.
  22. Hopefully this phone gets as much roms as the indulge..
  23. Shabbypenguin

where are the rom devs at guys? cmon im sure by now some of you have started muckin with things :p
    slayer7474 likes this.
  24. cyberone3

cyberone3 Well-Known Member

Not a problem was less than three weeks old got replacement rooted no issue but i do have question for does that have done this have u had any issue with getting a 4g signal i get full bars and only 1x where i got 4g and i swore new phone had 4g right before i odin it
  25. im 75% sure im getting this phone by july.. if not.. they probably discontinued it or i would still have less money for it