Root for 4.3 yet?

1. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

There seems to be some vagueness on the subject, so simple question, is there a root for 4.3 yet? I screwed up my phone trying to root after the update once, finally got it back, but would like to be a little more careful this time.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Yes. CF Auto Root works perfectly on 4.3.
    timbre likes this.
  3. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lock on the samsung update, MJA. If the counter is anything but zero a message comes up at boot about the kernel not being seandroid and warranty:enforcing, then my phone locked up. I read about this root and it says it is supposed to be used with stock ROM. Will I be able to flash FreeGS4 ROM after this root? My main reason for rooting is to get free wireless tether.
  4. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I rooted too. It will not hang anything on the phone, only set the Knox bit. You should be able to install any rom you want after rooting, but I've stuck with stock.
  5. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

ok, well then if you are using root for wireless tether , then what ROM or app are you using, because FreeGS4 won't work with this update. It has a custom kernel and I think that's why, but I'm just guessing.
  6. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

timbre likes this.
  7. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

On the stock ROM I should use odexed?
  8. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

Done, so far so good. Thanks.